Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

could a rep rap be converted to a..........

Posted by chris33 
could a rep rap be converted to a..........
October 19, 2012 10:56AM
Silly question but could you convert a reprap machine to a laser siltering machine either powder or polymers? Instead off the head moving on the y axis have the bed in a adapted base as a container and the principle behind it, is the bed would move only obviously I though I woulf need another axis on the powder too skim over the stop on each layer and on the liquid a special adapted bed with holes in it. I aint top class engineer but just seen how other machines and seen different concepts, its just intrests me
VDX
Re: could a rep rap be converted to a..........
October 19, 2012 11:10AM
... yes, this could be done - read through the posts here: [forums.reprap.org]

Some of the slicers are capable of inserting custom G-code after each layer, so it's no problem to rise a step in Z and start a wiper after each layer ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 19, 2012 11:20AM
Its unbelievable even looking at things like dtg printers laser cutters plotting alsorts I suppose big kid with a big mechano set lol, think someone should make a universal tooling head
October 19, 2012 03:40PM
Could you convert a printer to a series of periods? Sure! I suggest a sledge hammer. You could also give it to a female.

-Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login