Re: Portabee Portable 3D printer which can be packed into a laptop bag
July 18, 2012 01:18AM
How long it take the shipping of the printer to USA?, im going to Miami by 18th of august, so i want to see if i can buy a portabbe to bring it back home in Ecuador, Southamerica.
September 27, 2012 10:41AM
gbolanos, did you got your printer?

Hector Marquez
Production/Gral Manager

Akai Tech Corp
Miami, FL 33166

We are computer Wholeseller of used and refurbish Computer, Notebooks and LCD Monitors
Sounds great!

Puzzled about how to design accurate components on Google Sketch though
Re: Portabee Portable 3D
January 28, 2013 01:59AM
Whats the resolution it can print at? Or in other words, how fine of detail can it print?
Sorry for posting that wrong. I'll try again.
February 03, 2013 09:12PM
Halo All,

Want to share my Portabee. Its quite stable, I think because the 3 motors under the base which are heavy enough to hold the printer steady. Except if the extruder (on X axis accelerate very fast, it shakes). So far I am good at printing at 20 mm/s. I tried with 30 mm/s but have issue with extrusion. I believe its because my extruder drive using a brass insert which I made myself from a threaded insert. Now I am waiting my brass insert bought from romsraj, hopefully can fix my problem.
I also thinking if I can change the extruder into Bowden style.

I built this one using part from all over the place. I source the hardware and vitamins locally, RP printed by a friend in the RepRap community, whereas hotend, HB, and endstops from romscraj. I recommend this printer especially for first timer since its simple and easy to build (a very great manual document). I chose due to this as well. Its a great design, thank you romscraj.

Romscraj / all, how ethical what do you think would be if I arrange a kit or build for several of my friend or first-repraper-would-be in my country (using the same approach as I built mine)?
Your price kit is very good, sourcing parts myself actually cost a little more then your price, except advantage over shipping and import duty fee & tax. The latter cost more plus lengthy custom clearance.
Attachments:
open | download - turtlekeychain-printing.jpg (47.1 KB)
February 03, 2013 09:19PM
William1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whats the resolution it can print at? Or in other
> words, how fine of detail can it print?

Theoretically, using GT2 pulley with 1/16 steps, it is 0.0125 for X and Y. Z, with 1/8 steps only it give 1/1600.
bob
shipping lead time
February 04, 2013 09:35AM
any idea what the shipping lead time is to America? I ordered one last week so just curious.

also any videos of these out in the wild ?
February 05, 2013 10:30PM
DHL takes 3-5 days, singpost takes 10-14 days.
Caution !! See :

[forums.reprap.org]
@Daniel & romscraj :

Have you re-check ? Because I still received nothing... !

I remind that I ordered on March 03rd, 2013 and that on June 18th, 2013 I still have nothing which works...
If anyone is interested, I started a BOM at this link. Sounds like a good project for Christmas!

[docs.google.com]
June 08, 2013 Daniel said : "Julien, if you still have not received your replacement something has gone wrong, let me re-check this and ensure that it is on its way"

@Daniel :

Have you re-re-re-check ? Because I still received nothing... !

I remind that I ordered on March 03rd, 2013 and that on June 25th, 2013 I still have nothing which works...
June 27, 2013 Daniel said :
"Hi Julien,

Just confirming that you have received your replacement Gen6 and that
you are up and running,

Ok, thanks so much,

- Daniel"

My answer : NO

June 27, 2013 Daniel said :
"Hi,

In response to your support ticket # (New Gen6).

We have shipped out a package today containing the spares you require."

June 29, 2013 Daniel said :
"Hi Julien,

Please ignore the previous DHL code sent, I was preparing a package however on of the shipment team has informed me that there is one already in the mail!

It shall arrive soon,"

WHEN ???

Be carefull with Romscraj...
This day it's a birthday ! I waiting for Portabee since 4 months !

And now ??

Julien.

[www.youtube.com]
@Daniel :
Have you some news from Singpost ?
Since May 29th, 2013 I still received nothing.
It would be can be time to think of another solution.

I remind that I ordered on March 03rd,2013 and that on July 24th, 2013 I still have nothing which works...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login