Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting closer to perfection by the daysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by 3eality 
Getting closer to perfection by the daysmiling bouncing smiley
November 04, 2012 07:34AM
Hi all,

Got my first print that I can show to you all -A Vase. While not to a professional grade, but got better than my earlier one.

A big thanks to all of you who helped me.

Looking at the picture (vase) can you tell me what else I need to do to get a better surface. Couple of specific questions:

1. There is a bit of oozing in the middle and top of the vase - currently the Anti ooze settings are zero in my RepSnapper. I am using a bowden extruder - Do I need to include any?
2. Or am I wrong in thinking that the irregular flow on the upper part is due to oozing/
3. What is the correct combination between Extruded material width and Layer thickness - Currently they are 0.3mm and 0.29mm respectively for a 0.4mm nozzle that I am using

Few things I want to share:
1. Wasted some precious time on my old PLA which was completely stuffed with moisture. Didnt know this earlier until I got one sample from an Aussie supplier. But everything is a learning smiling smiley
2. Getting my first layer stuck was very very critical - Think got it correct at the end - For a 0.2mm gap between Z home and print bed a folded ordinary paper is quite good. It should move with a little friction
3. Test Temperature increments by 2 or 3. Finally for the one I have tested it is 209 that worked. This might differ from each colour and quality.

Once again Thank you very much for your help, very exited to see my first print - heaps of learning and loads of questions.

Dinesh
Attachments:
open | download - Vase first print.JPG (24 KB)
open | download - Old vs new.JPG (27.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login