Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Infill Overlaps Perimeter

Posted by bbriggstkd 
Infill Overlaps Perimeter
January 22, 2013 10:45PM
I'm trying to tune a new printer (Adapto design). I'm just printing the 20mm cube to start calibrations. I've got infill set to .95 so it's pretty solid. The strange thing I'm seeing is the infill overlaps the perimeter. I have 0.0 set for overlap in the infill tab. I'm using Skeinforge 45 with Marlin firmware.

My other printer has to opposite problems. Even with overlap and lash set, sometimes the infill still won't touch the perimeter.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Is it as simple as just extruding too much plastic?
Re: Infill Overlaps Perimeter
January 22, 2013 11:09PM
In SF, overlap should be set between 0.7 and 1. The lower the number, the greater the overlap.

On the other printer, I'd test with a correct overlap value. Infill not touching the perimeter is usually a backlash problem.
January 23, 2013 01:16AM
'Infill not touching the perimeter is usually a backlash problem. '
no this is not correct.

this is a Infill Perimeter Overlap in 'fill' tab . read here: [fabmetheus.crsndoo.com]
January 23, 2013 01:27AM
ALso check that your Edge Width over Height settings are correct for perimiter calculations in carve read here:
[fabmetheus.crsndoo.com]
January 23, 2013 04:58PM
On my Mendel variant, the only way to get correct overlap consistant around a complete circle is correct backlash compensation, reguardless of slicing software.

Even if you do get the infill to overlap the perimeter all the way around a circle, it will not be a consistant overlap without backlash compensation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2013 04:59PM by Dirty Steve.
January 26, 2013 12:09PM
Turn off the backlash compensation feature in Skeinforge, and address the backlash problem on the printer itself. The Lash module is hardly a fix. Make sure you have the correct pulleys for your belts. I can't tell you how many people are using the wrong pulleys, but you can bet that it's the ones with backlash problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login