Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey guys I got my printer

Posted by tattooedfish 
Hey guys I got my printer
March 14, 2013 04:47PM
Hey guys I got my printer printing a lot better my machine is a prusa I2 with ramps 1.4 mkiv-B 3mm 0.5 hotend my threaded rod is 5/16-18 for z axis. I've been printing 0.2 mm layers but the question I have is when leveling my bed do I want a gap that is paper thick that almost extrudes the first layer flat between the glass and the nozzle or do I want the bead to be round on top still where the surface is just barely grabbing or a fine line between the 2?

Print issues I'm still having not on all prints but one for example is Greg's small extruded gear I when I print it I get small gaps between there outer layer and the infill layer it doesn't fill 100% of the area and when doing infills my printer will sometimes act like its not getting enough filament and leave small gaps I'm the infill area.

Another example is when I was printing a hello kitty yesterday for a friend I was using 25% rectilinear fill at a 90 degree and there printer would run a 1/4 of the line across and do a jump like it was trying to bridge it to the outer line and would not streach the filament across properly bonut in the smaller infill areas where it stayed the same speed it filled it fine and the frame work of the design if you would call it that is fine.

I'm not sure if this is a issue with the settings in slic3r or the temperature of the filament the amount or even a bed level issue
Re: Hey guys I got my printer
March 14, 2013 04:53PM
Sorry for all the miss spelled words my smartphone is not doing to well with the forums I wish this forum was on tapatalk
March 14, 2013 05:10PM
do you have skirt enabled, it causes the extruder to come to pressure before printing. also if using slicer maker you nozzle size slightly smaller, or increasing flow muliplier. like making nozzle size 0.48 instead of 0.5, and increasing flow rate by 0.1.i t could be possible you have your speeds set too high. lower your speeds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 05:10PM by jamesdanielv.
March 14, 2013 05:37PM
I don't even know what skirt is so I sill have to get back to u on that one so do u think I may be extruding too much filament? I will go back and adjust the multiplier I have it set at 1.15
March 14, 2013 05:37PM
Also check your Hobbed bolt isn't clogged with plastic.
Also consider infill every n layers in slic3r. It allows you to have fine perimeters and coarser infill which can help low percentage infill span gaps if your flow rate would otherwise be too slow because of your fine outer layer height making the filament snap.
March 14, 2013 05:53PM
I do get a snapping noise when I print if thats what u mean. Hobbed bolt is clean as a whistle and I already.have it set to infill every n layers feed rate is fine when its doing anything as far as building up outer and inner layers its only when doing fill ins
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login