Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ra Board - No Motor Movement

Posted by EpicFail 
Ra Board - No Motor Movement
March 17, 2013 11:20PM
Good Evening/Day/Morning,

I'm having trouble getting my Ra board from Elefu up and running, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for what to look for.

To me * a novice of 1 ToM and 1Printrbot* it looks a bit like a ramps board, but its all integrated with an Atmega so its not a shield.
However, its got replacable steppers * which may be the issue here ( but also the saving grace of modular components).

I've got the beast wired up, the LCD and controlls works, I can read from the sd card, and it even reports to repeiter host that its changing the axis. * also shows the z axis position when running a job.

However, despite the echo's showing up, theres no movement, at all. Like no power is being sent to the motors themselves.

My first noted issue was that that the wires were not plugged in the right order. Took me a couple tries to realise how to get the b1a1a2b2 setup. Though, unfortunately after that I realised the steppers were facing the wrong direction...
The Wrong... Direction..

So , I have since flipped those around (shutting down each time I make a repair) but, alas, no motion. Still, if I rotate or push any axis, the motor feedback lights up the LED's... this is a good sign yes?

I've been using the default marlin install that they provide through the elefu git repository, so I shouldn't have added any personal flaws to the firmware.

Right now Im considering buying some replacement steppers just in case, they arent too expensive now thankfully; but if anyone knows any possible repeating issues that come up with these things based on the infrormation ive supplied on the somewhat working state of the board itself and can point me in the direction on some nice instructions on how to check I'd be ever so grateful. I really want to show off a modded reprap printer with 3 extruder heads asap.
Re: Ra Board - No Motor Movement
March 18, 2013 12:14AM
*correction * - the LED on the reversed steppers were "working" when I rotated the motors, but now that the stepper has been flipped to the correct pins, it now no longer lights up. from that effect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login