Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Magazine Issue #1 has been published!

Posted by akhlut 
RepRap Magazine Issue #1 has been published!
February 22, 2013 09:11AM
Check it out!

[reprapmagazine.com]

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
Re: RepRap Magazine Issue #1 has been published!
February 22, 2013 09:53AM
Nice
February 22, 2013 10:02AM
One suggestion for future issues.

Reading a two column PDF on a laptop or desktop with a landscape screen means that you are forever scrolling down the first column and then back up to the top of the second column. I suspect that most people will read this the screen rather than printing it.

I suggest either reformatting it to be landscape (to match the screen) and possibly three columns, or moving to A5 rather than A4 and going single column. In either case the whole page fits on a single screen so there is no need to scroll backwards.

David
February 22, 2013 11:00AM
Awesome work guys, looks slick and packed with goodies. Keep up the good work!
February 22, 2013 12:45PM
Very good ... really appreciate the beginners part ...
VDX
February 22, 2013 02:53PM
... best places for discussions and suggestions are the dedicated sub-forums: [forums.reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 23, 2013 02:19PM
Well done guys , this awesome. Thanks for your hard work and effort.
February 23, 2013 05:14PM
Bravo! Keep up the good work. Especially liked the slicer side-by-side comparison. How about one like that comparing hot ends?
February 24, 2013 01:10AM
Really cool. Very Interesting.
Looking forward to Issue #2!
February 24, 2013 11:44AM
Very nicely done, with very informative articles. I also look forward to the next issue.
February 24, 2013 09:06PM
i would love to see them get it into google currents, well i think thats the name.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
February 25, 2013 06:22AM
I was stuck thinking of any additional tweaks to increase the quality of my printer and this article stated the idea of a filament feed pipe, it's so obvious when I think about it, but something I completely forgot to do! Nice work! smiling smiley
February 25, 2013 01:28PM
Great work guys.
February 26, 2013 10:02AM
Really nice issue, super impressed.

+1 on the idea of an A5 edition, for those of us with 7" tablets and kindles
February 26, 2013 12:02PM
Great job on the mag guys! Great reading. Can't wait for the next one.
February 26, 2013 05:50PM
You should try the online (issuu) version. Looked great on the Ipad and on the laptop. No crazy scrolling like with PDF.

Congrats on the magazine guys, I really liked Rich Cameron's article.

BB
February 26, 2013 09:26PM
awesome. Just downloaded the PDF and skimming through it. Love that you mentioned OctoPrint. As i'm trying to set it up on my RPi at this very moment. lol

On a side note, you might want to add a paypal donation button or something. There's hosting and other costs associated with a project like this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind sending a few dollars/euros your way.
February 26, 2013 09:34PM
Nice job guys! The article on Z axis setup was very useful to me. I also thought the comparison of the slicer programs was very well done.

Gary H. Lucas
February 27, 2013 05:06PM
Very nice, will read further. Today I went to rapidpro, i wonder if maybe an idea for next(/similar) time(s) is to put some out flyers on the tables here and there? Maybe it would have catch some more readers, interest into reprap.

Glancing, costs are okay, (quick look)i could get 1k flyers for ! 70€, bit high to put all that cost on me, but i might do it next time. 1k flyers is too much, though, i suppose i could send any excess to others. Probably lowest cost if one person prints a lot and sends it around, probably depends on shipping.

A flyer pdf would have to exist first. Preferably with some information to it, for instance the contents of the issue but with different styling. For instance i would make 'Feature' smaller rather than 'Slicers review', idem for others. In the flyer form, maybe 'the most important picture that still functions scaled down' of the article too. Also a succinct description. But i am getting ahead of myself.

I suppose you could put the whole magazine around, but i think that probably gets too expensive too quickly, and you dont want to be too cheap in a conference. Maybe you can just hope people put it back. That might work if you leave it behind in universities, waiting rooms like in hairdressers and such. The start-up costs relative to unit costs are yet larger for those though.
March 24, 2013 03:25AM
Thanks for the magazine, it was full of useful information.

The Z artifact article in particular was very useful to me - I didn't think it could be the bed temperature swings or the filament pulling the carriage up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login