Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

End Stops dont do anything ... please help

Posted by ariasd 
End Stops dont do anything ... please help
March 22, 2013 01:06PM
Hi,

I recently finished assembling a Mendel Max (seems to be V1.5) with Ramps 1.4 and Mega 2560 ... I have connected the end stops; however, they dont do anything. M119 shows L for all and when I manually depress one of them it changes to L however the axis keeps moving.

Another questions is how can I get the system to remember the 0,0,0 that I define using G161 and doesnt reset every time its disconnected and connected. Thank you in advanced.
Re: End Stops dont do anything ... please help
March 22, 2013 11:43PM
The simplest way to start your prints from a position other than True Home (0,0,0) is to put something like the following into the start.gcode file (Skeinforge), or whatever the equivalent is for your slicer

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0 <Homes the machine
G1 X30.0 Y10.0 Z0.2 <Moves to the desired offset home position
G92 X0 Y0 Z0 E0 <Make the offset home position the new origin for XYZ
March 23, 2013 01:13AM
Thank you .. seems simple .. do I get the offset values by experimenting ? In other words, how or where is the absolute home defined ?
March 23, 2013 02:13AM
What is the Gcode to get a reading of your current position?
March 23, 2013 02:46AM
It's m114
March 23, 2013 07:46AM
ariasd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you .. seems simple .. do I get the offset
> values by experimenting ? In other words, how or
> where is the absolute home defined ?

That's what the endstops are for. They're ignored during moves and only used to find zero when homing.
March 23, 2013 07:52AM

The simplest way to start your prints from a position other than True Home (0,0,0) is to put something like the following into the start.gcode file (Skeinforge), or whatever the equivalent is for your slicer

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0
Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 25, 2013 01:33PM
ok Thank you for your help so far. I figured something out today. When the limit switch is closed, it takes the software (sending m119) code about 5 seconds to indicated the switch as closed. Any idea why maybe ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login