Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

prusa i3 y bearing holders

Posted by chris33 
prusa i3 y bearing holders
March 22, 2013 04:57AM
I cant find the bearing holders for the y bedplate on the git the ones which are in the picture of the single aluminum i3
Re: prusa i3 y bearing holders
March 27, 2013 03:04PM
They are not need it. Just use zip ties to held together bearings and y-carriage. [reprap.org]
March 28, 2013 02:11AM
Yeah its just someone else has done that and it looks like bed plate may foul on the frame
March 28, 2013 03:40AM
we have a gr8 idea for you..
March 28, 2013 12:11PM
idea?
March 29, 2013 05:08AM
Hi

im using a alu frame i3

using cable ties not a problem they dont catch at all.

i tried for around a week to design a bearing holder but not possible with how tight the gap is.

but after running this printer now for over a month iv not had a single problem with zip ties compared with printing bearing holders.
March 29, 2013 07:34AM
The bottom image shows someone elses build but i have the same frame, im sourcing my parts and only starting the build once i have every part so i can take notes and write out a standard operating procedure on building it. I decided to do it this way so i can research more on what problems people are having, so i can make adjustments before the build.

As you see how close the bed is to the frame is that acceptable,

March 29, 2013 07:36AM
i just put the tag end of the cable tye on the top

you have room there anyway because the heated bed is lifted up on m3 screws

ill try take a pic later
March 29, 2013 07:50AM
i gather u have i3 so what extruder are you using im aware of a sought of ghosting affect on prints having a heavy motor at speed causing the centre of gravity moves moves, i thought of bowdens but then worry about retraction problems, but now looking for a very small stepper motor like the one in the picture on the wiki with the artist manikin
March 29, 2013 08:58AM
currently using an MGS extruder.

waiting for the github to be cleaned up so prusa can release the Nema17 compact extruder.

not had any problems with ghosting with my woodebox i3 or my single plate i3.

got any pics of this ghosting ?
March 29, 2013 09:07AM
it was a thread i found a while ago basically the centre of gravity of the weight of the motor travels past the x limit which shows up in the print, obviously it more and likely sorted by slowing the x but i want a a quick speed without having the the motors centre of gravity move past the limit
March 29, 2013 09:12AM
Give this extruder a shot:
[www.thingiverse.com]
March 29, 2013 03:15PM
Pic attached of my lm8uu bearings attached using zip ties.

i use oversized m10 washers to help get an even better grip on the frame. as you can see even with less room cable ties still do not hit if you have to tag on the top.
Attachments:
open | download - i3.jpg (364 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login