Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Funny but frustrating mistake

Posted by tmorris9 
Funny but frustrating mistake
March 31, 2013 06:54PM
So I always use PET film and print in ABS. It's worked fine this way ever since I got my printer.

So my film was getting pretty beat up (ran the nozzle into it a few times) so I decided it was time to apply a new sheet. I did so and set it aside for the night.

The next day I wanted to do a print so I put my ABS/Acetone slurry on the glass and fired up the printer. My first print came loose pretty quickly. I chalked this up to the new slick PET film and single layer of slurry. So I added more slurry and let it get hot and added even more slurry but again the prints did not stick.

I gave up for the night after 4 failed attempts, I could not figure out why I was having sticking issues. I thought about it and decided I would clean off the slurry and hit the PET with a little sandpaper to give it some bite. So a few days later I did this and after cleaning it I hit it with sand paper and noticed the paper was really not doing anything and I knew it should. After closer inspection I discovered the issue, I was working right on the glass, the PET film was on the back side the whole time. You see I was very proud of the fact that I applied the tape with no bubbles and this made it near impossible to see which side of the glass it was on and I was working with the wrong side the whole time.

Frustrating but more funny I think. Oh well, I am back printing with no problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login