Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TV Gadget Show features 3d printer review...

Posted by NumberSix 
TV Gadget Show features 3d printer review...
March 25, 2013 03:55PM
Just sharing something I just saw on TV...

TV Gadget Show (Channel 5 UK) featured a review of three 3d printers. The 3d System Cube, the Makerbot Replicactor 2, and the Ultimaker 3d printer. They gave a brief non-technical review and picked the one they thought gave the best print quality. They picked the Ultimaker!

It's a pitty a RepRap didn't get a mention on the show, but I expect they were reviewing printers that were sold complete, rather than self-builds or kits.

It's great to see 3d printers on TV!

More details including a video clip from the show on their website here: Gadget Show reviews 3d printers
Re: TV Gadget Show features 3d printer review...
March 25, 2013 07:55PM
saw that too dude. came here to see if anyone else saw it. i thought it was great to see them doing things on 3d printing. i was delighted to see the makerbot only got 3 G's out of 5.

i imagine they might have been able to get better results out of all the machines with a little bit more calibration and know how as regards to operating one.

It would have been great to see reprap as well but i came to the same conclusion as yourself. they were probably hitting at the fully assembled market. i was thinking it's a British show surely they'll mention reprap but no.... sad smiley

still it was good to see 3d printing on d'telly. it might send a few more makers this way. cool smiley
Re: TV Gadget Show features 3d printer review...
March 31, 2013 09:12AM
There are fully-assembled RepRaps like the Lulzbots, though?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login