Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stratasys Ex- Engineer

Posted by m_zhaleh 
Stratasys Ex- Engineer
May 01, 2013 10:13AM
Hi,
My name is Keyvan, I Used to be Stratasys Service engineer for several years; I just joined to Reprap and get interested on it. I also want to make my own 3D printer (waiting to parts arrive), But I am absolutely a mechanical engineer, I don’t have any information about Software and a know a few things about electronics. I would Like to approve quality of the reprap machine, I know some tricks and I would like someone help me to add them to the software. So who can help me? Please help me to make a more professional machine.
Best regards.
Keyvan
Re: Stratasys Ex- Engineer
May 01, 2013 11:05AM
Hi Keyvan,

Welcome to the RepRap Forums and our massive community of RepRappers - The goals of RepRap are to produce a self replicating machine, not just a more professional printer. It would be just as worthwhile to make one out of Bamboo and string as it would to do a high-end CNC engineered machine, so with that in mind do take a very good look through the Wiki at www.reprap.org

You really don't need to know much about the software, it's all very easy to use (really) and the electronics are at a point of almost plug and play with minimal setup and calibration.

It sounds like you want to jump in and make a new design?, that's great, but do think about building up a 'standard' RepRap machine so you can see if you can improve that in any way for everyone else. If you go ahead and make a very nice high-tech machine - no one else will have one to start with, so any questions you have may be tricky to translate across to your machine.

I'm sure we would all be interested in your views, care to share any while you wait for parts?

Cheers,

Rich.

m_zhaleh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
> My name is Keyvan, I Used to be Stratasys Service
> engineer for several years; I just joined to
> Reprap and get interested on it. I also want to
> make my own 3D printer (waiting to parts arrive),
> But I am absolutely a mechanical engineer, I
> don’t have any information about Software and a
> know a few things about electronics. I would Like
> to approve quality of the reprap machine, I know
> some tricks and I would like someone help me to
> add them to the software. So who can help me?
> Please help me to make a more professional
> machine.
> Best regards.
> Keyvan

[richrap.blogspot.com]
May 01, 2013 11:20AM
Hi Rich,
May be something is miss understood, let me give you an example, have you ever think why reprap nozziles (in the machines with 2 extruders) ozzing while for stratasys not? why some times debrisses are stick to the Reprap models? or.... what i want to do, i want to add some extra operation on the software to imrove teh quality. thats all. I would like to improve reprap and and in the same time i want to make my own machine, BASED on it, with more professional parts. Thats All. (sorry if my english is not well)
May 01, 2013 11:21AM
a techie! YAY !

i am a repair tech of sorts too :p

i used to repair things like these [www.midasconsoles.com]

tell us a secret, what is the strangest thing you found jammed in the 3D printer you have opened up before grinning smiley

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
May 01, 2013 11:28AM
Ok, Look like you guys hate me or joking or what ever, But WT**, some one please help me to modify the reprap software and add this feature:
Prevent of Ozzing of the secound extruder: assume an example, Extruder 0 has finished teh print and its time to switch to extruder 1, before that Filament is Extruder 1 MUST BE PULLED UP FOR ABOUT 5 mm (in 1.75 mm filament), this results to a negetive pressure on the nozzle and helps alot to stop ozzing. so? some one will do this for us to modify the software?
May 01, 2013 11:36AM
m_zhaleh Wrote:
> Ok, Look like you guys hate me or joking or what
> ever, But WT**, some one please help me to modify
> the reprap software and add this feature:
> Prevent of Ozzing of the secound extruder: assume
> an example, Extruder 0 has finished teh print and
> its time to switch to extruder 1, before that
> Filament is Extruder 1 MUST BE PULLED UP FOR ABOUT
> 5 mm (in 1.75 mm filament), this results to a
> negetive pressure on the nozzle and helps alot to
> stop ozzing. so? some one will do this for us to
> modify the software?

I thought this feature is already in the software of Slic3r.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 11:38AM by ShadowRam.
May 01, 2013 11:38AM
This is the general forum. Perhaps you would be better served to check out the firmware and software forums. They are much more focused on what you're trying to accomplish.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
May 01, 2013 11:41AM
Thanks,
I will do it. smiling smiley
May 01, 2013 02:29PM
m_zhaleh Wrote:
> Ok, Look like you guys hate me or joking or what
> ever, But WT**, some one please help me to modify
> the reprap software and add this feature:
> Prevent of Ozzing of the secound extruder: assume
> an example, Extruder 0 has finished teh print and
> its time to switch to extruder 1, before that
> Filament is Extruder 1 MUST BE PULLED UP FOR ABOUT
> 5 mm (in 1.75 mm filament), this results to a
> negetive pressure on the nozzle and helps alot to
> stop ozzing. so? some one will do this for us to
> modify the software?

This is part of your slicer tuning, you might want to try kisslicer and use it's prime cone function, that way you are cleaning the nozzle before each layer.
May 01, 2013 02:36PM
The feature you want to add is already a part of every slicer we use. In some it is in the form of a blank Gcode field you can enter something like G1 E-5 F6000 in and it will insert that command on extruder change to retract the filament. Others it is a field that says retract on tool change.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 01, 2013 02:38PM
Also you may want to research RepRap and build one known for perfect prints before judging it. RepRap printers have been able to out print commercial machines for some time now in both quality and speed.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 01, 2013 03:02PM
I was saying hello and introducing RepRap and it's ideas, I'm all for innovation, and yes been doing this for a while now, and also know that Stratasys have great products and ideas too, I'm a huge fan of their technology.

I also know why Stratasys nozzles are clean, they get wiped down very aggressively before a print, this also wears them out over time so they need to be replaced after X number of filament spools.

This is not an elite club, everyone welcome and encouraged to bring something to the development or innovation table for everyone's benefit.

Printers based on more professional parts are just fine, we see a lot of CNC machined parts being developed to make 'better' machines, but many of the 'basic' RepRap machines already outperform Stratasys machines for quality, speed and lower cost filament smiling smiley

Happy to discuss any aspects of 3Dprinters all day long with you.

Where in the world are you based?

Cheers,

Rich.

m_zhaleh Wrote:
> Hi Rich,
> May be something is miss understood, let me give
> you an example, have you ever think why reprap
> nozziles (in the machines with 2 extruders) ozzing
> while for stratasys not? why some times debrisses
> are stick to the Reprap models? or.... what i want
> to do, i want to add some extra operation on the
> software to imrove teh quality. thats all. I would
> like to improve reprap and and in the same time i
> want to make my own machine, BASED on it, with
> more professional parts. Thats All. (sorry if my
> english is not well)

[richrap.blogspot.com]
May 01, 2013 05:52PM
ok im bad at technical jokes smileys with beer

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login