Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Success and Thanks!

Posted by mars bonfire 
Success and Thanks!
May 05, 2013 01:22PM
Needed to share the success for my first 3D print!

I have chipping away at designing and building the printer for well over a year.

It is quite the kick to see it printing!

"Classic" XYZE design with full custom mechanisms and electronics based on bit and pieces of various designs. The hotend is full custom and may be somewhat novel and is all metal where it counts but also uses some polymers in various places. I hope to do a write up on it soon since I think it has some design features that may be of interest.

I used Kisslicer to slice up a very simple open topped box.

My first "print" was a head crash (ouch...)....Note to self: printer frame of reference is not centered on zero, need to input offset...

My second "print" looked like a hot pile of what motivates municipalities to have pooper scooper laws ...if you get my drift.
Turns out there is a very important setting in the slicer called "filament diameter" (doh) which defaults to 3mm as opposed to 1.75 (the diameter of my filament). Funny how that matters...

Third print was the charm. Box actually has four sides and a bottom. Really very acceptable, though lots of tuning to do.

Lastly, thanks to everyone on this forum for entertaining my oft ill formed questions and particularly those who wrote the software in the toolchain.
Re: Success and Thanks!
May 05, 2013 11:03PM
Pics!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login