Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to save a print after a power outtage!

Posted by aduy 
How to save a print after a power outtage!
May 25, 2013 05:02AM
ok so i just had a power outage during a 4 hour print, about 3 hours through, im going to save the print by going through the gcode and deleting the code thats already done, ill tell you guys how it goes. and maybe if it works deleting the gcode that has finished will become a part of 3d printing in general so that there will be less screw ups.

update: ok well my machine was not perfectly tuned and the z axis actually stalled somehow from being accelerated to quickly and then the hot end proceded to melt the whole piece into a big ball of plastic, amazing haha that the motors didnt even flinch the hot hot end just plowed right through it all. anyways I was able to edit the gcode to pick up exactly where it left off, and it was easier than I thought because in repetier host, it highlights the gcode that you select so, I measured the height, found the layer it was on, then deleted everything before that point except the beginining gcode that sets the heaters on and homes it. then you keep the z coordinate, and you simply find where the head stopped printing and then find that spot by selecting the gcode, it will show you what you selected so basically delete everything that it has already printed, then make sure you havent deleted the start up code, and then just hit run.

I will do more tests if i have a power failure again, and hopefully I can save people some money and time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2013 07:11AM by aduy.
Re: How to save a print after a power outtage!
May 25, 2013 09:47AM
Yup done it a few times depends on if it's critical to restart at the exact point it stopped which most of the time it isn't

Ben
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login