Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New user looking for buying advice (Europe)

Posted by pjetrus 
New user looking for buying advice (Europe)
March 28, 2013 09:10PM
Hello,
I am architectural student, and I am looking for a 3d printer. I was thinking about mendel version. Also, I would like to get a good quality prints, and I suppose I will do a lot of prints at 0.1mm to 0.2mm layer height.
I found that these parts should be used for best quality mendel printer (information from this forum)

Frame

MendelMax

Electronics

SmoothieBoard
Printrboard
Azteeg X3
RAMBo

Firmware

Marlin

Extruder

-Hot end

J Head

-Cold end

Accessible Wade's Extruder

*If I am missing some better printers at that price range, let me know

So, I have two questions:

1) Should I look for a whole kit, and where can I find one or should I buy all parts by my self?
2) Where to get them? I am in Europe, Netherlands, and I am looking for fast delivery and not to spicy prices.

Thank you in advance,
Petar
Re: New user looking for buying advice (Europe)
March 28, 2013 09:47PM
I really like the "spicy prices"...

Why not Mendel90? Since you're in the Netherlands I'd take a hard look at one. Nophead has a kit I think.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
March 31, 2013 09:02AM
1. I sourced parts myself because I wanted more experimental / less common elements like hall-effect end stops and GT3 belts etc, but like akhlut said, the Mendel90 kit is very good for 499 Pounds. Nophead, the one behind the Mendel90, is active in this forum and quite insightful about all things RepRap, so you can't go wrong with his kit. His hardware is also similar to what you have on your list (Jhead, Wade's Extruder...).
Guess the answer really depends on whether you want a reasonably easy to set-up and use printer or are more interested in experimenting with it.

2. - reprapworld.com (cheap, but some parts are so-so quality wise. Filament is ok and the cheapest I have seen so far.)
- fabber-parts.de (they get their electronics from a Chinese distributor - RepRap Discount IIRC - that has a good reputation)
- gadgets3D.com (Cooperation between a Polish shop and a Chinese manufacturer; delivery times were blazing fast from China, even faster than from some European suppliers. Good prices and friendly service. Quality is also top-notch for their driver boards - they come packaged in a small plastic box with heat sinks pre-installed.)
- RepRap-fab.de (the shop of core forum member Stoffel15, in case you need an all-metal hot end)
- robosavvy.com (one of the few European suppliers to carry the 400 step/rev. motor at reasonable price; you may want to ask them to package the motors well as mine got a little bit dinged)

these are some of the sources I found useful.
June 16, 2013 03:59AM
Hi !

You can get smoothieboard in Europe from IpsoFactio : [shop.ipsofactio.com]

Cheers !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login