Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How Can I Remove the Aluminum Scraps From Cut Profiles?

Posted by JesseConant 
How Can I Remove the Aluminum Scraps From Cut Profiles?
June 19, 2013 06:03AM
We have alüminium extrusion plant that we cut the produced industrial aluminum profile according to the order of customer.

While we are cutting profiles the al scraps occur and enter into profiles and on the surface of profile. We spent too much compressed air to clean these scraps. Scraps damage the following production steps at plant. Is there cheaper any way to clean them?

Is there any way to cut profile without scraps or to prevent scraps to enter inside the profile and prevent to sticks scaps to profile surface

Kindest Regards,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 08:47PM by JesseConant.
Re: How Can I Remove the Aluminum Scraps From Cut Profiles?
June 19, 2013 06:58AM
if you are cutting with a oil based cutting fluid, washing up liquid and water, or laundry powder and water,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 06:59AM by thejollygrimreaper.

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

June 19, 2013 08:04PM
What kind of saw are you using? If it is high speed then the chips are moving so fast they go way up inside. You might consider a cold saw at lower RPMs. Consider using a powerful vacuum, an industrial type that is more powerful than a typical shop vac. Make a box with a hole surrounded by a strip brush and connected to the vacuum. Plunge the cut end into and withdraw it. The brush will remove some chips and will close up the gap around the extrusion so that a great suction is pulled on all the interior holes. No chips will go all over you or the room.

Gary H. Lucas
June 20, 2013 04:06PM
i got this one a few months ago to cut aluminium for flight cases.
[dewalt.co.uk]
cuts are absolute beautiful and a lot better than the cuts made by the company who delivers the profile.
June 20, 2013 08:33PM
I dont know if you mean the cut chips are sticking to the metal or just getting thrown everywhere and causing an issue. I can tell you that when milling aluminum you must climb mill it rather than conventional milling or the chips will be carried around by the cutting tool and get stuck back on to the metal behind the tool after the cut. I would think the same process would apply to a circular saw.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login