Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what software does purse mendel i3 use

Posted by sea_craft53 
what software does purse mendel i3 use
June 28, 2013 03:14PM
i was wondering what type of software did the mendel i3 use and does it work with mac or linux and is there any good place to buy it in ireland and uk the full kit. and if there is any site that shows you how to build it step by step
Re: what software does purse mendel i3 use
June 30, 2013 06:17AM
You can use any software you want. Personally i use Slic3r & pronterface. But ideally you want a control panel for the printer and then print from SD Card.

In terms of the printer i guess you mean the Prusa i3? There are many forms of this printer around currenty (Box, Single plate, supported lasercut model (dont now name lol).

http://reprap.org/wiki/Prusa_i3

Also there is a step by step 3D Animated build guide somewere on the web but i cannot find the link

Idealy if your new into reprap try and find a build day in your area. i hand built mine just by using google and it takes a bit to get going if you dont have someone who can solve simple problems for you in seconds.
June 30, 2013 08:55AM
heres the vid of the build manual i3 build animation

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
July 02, 2013 12:53PM
O'Reilly will do a webcast for ppl thinking about building a 3d printer. Might be worth checking out.
3D Printing for Everyone: What you need to build your own 3D printer

Here is an online book on the subject + more. good read.
Open Book on "Low-cost 3D Printing for Science, Education and Sustainable Development"

And a great article on the i3 in the new RepRap mag.
RepRap Magazine

ISTAR Scope Club
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login