Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unknown Parts. . .

Posted by MrBlack 
Unknown Parts. . .
June 11, 2012 10:12PM
To All,

I'm still trying to finish up my printer and I remembered that I have some parts that were never shown as part of any diagram for assembly I could find. Unfortunately, I bought my printer from Botmill, so there's no more help I can get from those lying S.O.B.'s.

Accordingly, I was wondering if anyone could identify these "extra" parts for me, since I can't seem to figure out what they are intended for.

Here's the pic.

I've attached a picture of all the parts. Any help (or links to how they should be assembled) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again, Reprappers.

Regards,
Mr. Black
Re: Unknown Parts. . .
June 11, 2012 10:33PM
i am pretty sure the 2 bigger parts on the right are part of the belt cutter, not too sure about the other 2 off hand

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
June 12, 2012 01:39AM
The one on the left and the 2 on the right make up the belt cutter.

The piece n the left allows you to adjust to the width of the belt. The width it cuts to is fixed though. Assemble, feed the belt in, pierce Stanley blade through the thin slot so it cuts the belt, then pull the belt through against the blade. Careful though as the belts have a metal insert which will not be cut by the blade.

The 4th item I don't know.
June 12, 2012 03:19AM
The bone shaped piece is a jig to set the spacing between the bed and y-bars.

Since the machine is just a Sells Mendel the original instructions in the Reprap wiki should cover all the mechanical build.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 03:20AM by nophead.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 12, 2012 12:43PM
On a side note...the belt splitter jig parts work well on the gen6 electronics as a board mount. smiling smiley That is what I am using mine for now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.Robosprout.com RepRap Mendel parts and accessories.
Message if there is anything you need...I have more than what is listed on my site.
Located in the Spokane, WA / Coeur d'Alene, ID area.
June 12, 2012 03:41PM
Aww, that picture was like a trip down memory lane! I still have my belt splitter and bed-height-spacer-31mm in a drawer somewhere. ^_^

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login