Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cheap filament

Posted by dave584 
cheap filament
June 22, 2013 07:22PM
Has anyone tried this chinese supplier and can verify their product? Or perhap can recommend another cheap supplier?

[www.3d-printer-filament.com]

Looking to buy a few spools 3-5 depending on the cheapest way to do it, shipping ect.

I am located in UK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2013 07:27PM by dave584.
Re: cheap filament
June 23, 2013 12:54AM
Looks like all gloss and no substance! Where are the prices and the cart?

I use this supplier at the mo..

[www.ebay.com]

Also [www.repraper.com] is quite popular though I've yet to try their filament - you could probably get 5 kg for about $27 per kilo inclusive of shipping by Fedex.
June 23, 2013 08:26AM
I use mainly PLA from ReprapWorld , it's quite cheap and they have reasonable shipping charges too. Filament gives nice surface finish and adhesion, but I have found that it needs to be extruded very hot, 217 C in my Ultimaker.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1030a.jpg (279.3 KB)
June 23, 2013 09:21AM
[www.formfutura.com] looks to be another option not quite as cheap as reprapworld but shipping is reasonable.

What's reprapworld shipping like?

Using a European supplier means you won't be liable for any import duties.

Ben
June 23, 2013 11:21AM
Another cheap and good supplier for different kinds of 3d printer filaments is German company called iGo3D (www.igo3d.com)
They offer: PLA, ABS, PVA, Taulman, Laywoo-D3, Laybrick in all diameters and they seem to be actually very cheap.

I have called them last week concerning the ABS and PVA delivery time and they told me that they get everything on stock at the end of June. thumbs up

Cheers,

Maker
June 23, 2013 03:39PM
Price is ok but choice is appaling.

Ben
July 12, 2013 12:51PM
I'm not having very good experiences with formfutura's filament.
The ABS filament has a lot of warping problems, doesn't adhere to the printbed and has severe delamination problems on higher objects.

However, I have used the clear ABS filament from www.filamentenmeer.nl (this is filament from Repraper) and it adheres well to my bed, doesn't warp at all, no delamination, and I can get away with printing it 5º colder, my heatbed is now also set 5º colder. Flawless!

plexer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.formfutura.com] looks to be another
> option not quite as cheap as reprapworld but
> shipping is reasonable.
>
> What's reprapworld shipping like?
>
> Using a European supplier means you won't be
> liable for any import duties.
>
> Ben
July 15, 2013 09:25AM
Hi Dave,

I know that German webshop: www.igo3d.com
They offer all types of good quality filaments, 3D printers, scanners and accessories plus free european shipment for all orders over 100€!

PLA and ABS costs 23,95€ (1kg) incl. VAT. They also offer a PLA bundle: buy 5kg get one kg. for free.

Taulman Nylon 618 and 645: 26€ (1 pound) incl. VAT
LAYWOO-3D: 16,95€ (250gr) incl. VAT
LAYBRICK: 16,95€ (250gr) incl. VAT

Cheers,

Maker
August 08, 2013 07:31AM
James, please also stop posting multiple times. It would make you looks like a spammer give you bad reputation.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login