Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reprappro.com site is not working for last week

Posted by Boons_bic 
reprappro.com site is not working for last week
August 23, 2013 05:44PM
1. Does anybody know what happened to www.reprappro.com ? it is no longer working, i've tried to access the sit since last week.

2. does anybody have the ## Windows: A precompiled version is available at [reprappro.com] that they could post or email to me ?

Thank you...
BoonS
Anonymous User
Re: reprappro.com site is not working for last week
August 23, 2013 05:50PM
I can get there just fine...

RepRapPro-Printrun-Slic3r.zip ‎(file size: 19.87 MB, MIME type: application/zip)
Warning: This file type may contain malicious code. By executing it, your system may be compromised.

What's that warning all about? The file is too large to attach here. I'll send you a PM with a link.
Anonymous User
August 23, 2013 06:03PM
I take it you have the file?

Do you ever get down to Oxford? There was a damned good barbecue place there when I was in school: Seay's Mansion House. If it's still there...
August 23, 2013 06:14PM
Donovan,

thank you for the file, I was able to download it from your link

I will give it a try and keep my fingers crossed...

Nobody is answering the Gmail accounts either.
I hope reprap ltd did not go out of buisness

Oxford .. england ?
the last time I was in england it was 7 years ago.

I'm in memphis Tenessee, USA.
i guess i need to do a profile...
August 23, 2013 07:24PM
I found that it works from UK but not from USA (was on there hols last week)
Anonymous User
August 23, 2013 09:39PM
I'm in Texas on Roadrunner, and it worked.

I wonder why not for you guys? What's your ISP?
August 24, 2013 06:22PM
I have found it to be spotty at best in Michigan for the last week or two, my personal ISP is AT&T. I figured they might just be busy with their summer sale.
Anonymous User
August 24, 2013 06:29PM
Dear God.

AT&T used to be a screwed up telephone company. Now they want to be a screwed up ISP? Throw money at them and it gets worse. Have you ever tried to get tech support from them? It makes monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare look positively easy.
August 26, 2013 12:26PM
Sadly, AT&T is better than the other ISP in town, comcast. Comcast is much worse customer service and terrible speeds.

[aplusa3d.tumblr.com]
August 26, 2013 02:43PM
The AT&T brand has nothing to do with the old Bell System. The name was sold to Southwest Bell (SBC Global) and is used for branding. It's the same with the wireless service, Cingular bought the name and rebranded to use it. AT&T has one of the largest IP networks in the world and one could do much worse for as ISP.
August 26, 2013 04:44PM
I have been with AT&T for phone and internet for 25+ years. Never really had any problems and service is basically the same as most technology companies these days. You get script readers and just read from a troubleshooting flow chart but if you get bumped up to tear 1 support they know what they are doing.
August 26, 2013 05:44PM
Sorry you're having trouble accessing www.reprappro.com . It was brought to our attention on Thursday last week that some people were having trouble accessing the site, and investigations seemed to point at some strange DNS issue with a network server, but it seems to be with our hosting company, nothing to do with us, and out of our hands. I was hoping it would resolve itself; DNS servers usually get updated every 24 hours.

If you're after the software package, the zip is only hosted on the reprappro website, but you can always install the github version: [github.com]

RepRap ltd (Adrian's company) are no longer trading, as it became part of RepRapPro. And no, we haven't 'disappeared' - at least I hope not, it's nearly pay day - it's just that Monday is a Bank holiday in the UK, though I also had Friday off, as did a couple of other people!

Sorry of the inconvenience, we'll be back on it tomorrow...

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login