Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any way to reprint a layer due to filament jam?

Posted by Lance448 
Any way to reprint a layer due to filament jam?
July 31, 2013 04:17PM
I walked away from a print for a little bit, got back and realized my extruder jammed up. This print has taken 13 hours to print and i'm at 90% completion. Is there any way to go backa few layers and reprint?
I'm using Prusa Mendel i2 with Pronterface, Sprinter firmware, and Slicer gcode.

I have it paused right now so any info would be great asap haha smiling smiley

Lance-
Re: Any way to reprint a layer due to filament jam?
July 31, 2013 05:13PM
figure out exactly where your print stopped by selecting the gcode in repetier host, delete everything before that, except for the beginning settings and the layer height setting. for me I delete everything after line 29 up until where the print stopped, then once you have deleted everything you have printed already, you click at the end of line 29 and put this "G1 Z(whatever the layer height it stopped on was)" that way the nozzle will be at the correct level.
July 31, 2013 05:13PM
Thanks! I'll try er out smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2013 05:14PM by Lance448.
August 01, 2013 12:10AM
did it work?
August 01, 2013 03:23PM
It worked perfectly! Thanks so much! I took me a while to figure out how to delete 800,000 lines of code but the shift key and scroll method finally came to mind.

Link for others who want to check it out
[www.repetier.com]

Great program!
August 01, 2013 11:37PM
Ive had to do it a few times, it works great with rep host because it shows you what you have selected, but the piece cannot become unstuck from the bed, although i guess you could totally get a little vice and jack it up, then just print onto it, that would really be awesome, like 5d printing.
October 08, 2013 03:42PM
At Kikai Labs we have modified Repetier to enable resuming a print at any point, like when the printer "stopped extruding"… We have windows and linux version only (Mac is made in Objective C). We sent the changes to the developer and believe he will incorporate this in a future release. It also has a way to tag the screen so if you are running multiple instances to control many printers, you can tell which one is connected to which printer.

You can download it from here: Windows and Linux.

Test it out, let us know any other changes you'd like to see, etc.

Paucus
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login