Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Replaced printrboard and now no heat at hotend

Posted by hendo420 
Replaced printrboard and now no heat at hotend
December 24, 2013 12:59AM
My printerboard recently stopped talking to my PC so I ordered a replacement. I installed the replacement plug for plug pin for pin. I took several pictures before hand to make sure I got everything exact.
Before the old printrboard stopped communicating over USB the printer worked just fine.

I plugged the 12v in and usb in and fired up pronterface. All the axises were moving but the hotend wont heat up.
I reinstalled the firmware to the printrboard and get the same results.
The thermistor is reading the temp correctly and the hotend is not getting hot. The heated beds thermister is reading 5c, but that is another hurdle to tackle.

There is something I noticed that is odd. Having a printrboard for over a year now I know its quarks pretty well. Normally when I plug in just 12v the green LED is lit and when I plug in the usb its the same intensity.
Well when I plug 12v into the new printrboard the green LED is very dim, when I plug usb into it the LED becomes bright.

Could there be a power issue on the printrboard? If I hook the old printrboard up to 12v the green LED is bright, I haven't got out my meter yet but I'm assuming the psu is putting out a steady 12v.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2013 01:20AM by hendo420.
Re: Replaced printrboard and now no heat at hotend
December 25, 2013 11:15AM
bump
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login