Some questions that I asked Traumflug
June 20, 2012 06:18PM
And is it necessary to use the same
power source for all disk power connections?

No. You can use a different PSU for each connector, as long as each of the PSUs has a GND connection. The disk power connector's two center pins are GND, typically a black wire.

If I used a second power
source would I have to connect the green(psu on) wires together and also
the ground to allow the board to control the power?

Didn't think about this, yet, but yes, I think it should work. Critical point is when both PSUs are in Standby, as the green wires have 5V, then. And these 5V might be slightly different from PSU to PSU. Different signal voltages cause a current, only limited by the PSU's internals. So, I think it's a good idea to connect the second green wire with an 10k resistor in between. This will make sure this possible current is very low.

Also I noticed 5 pins that are unused(not attached to any misc header),
is there a reason for that?

Only few people use these 5 pins on the Misc header. If you need even more, feel free to connect also to those totally unconnected.

And last question, if I want to add more temperature sensors can I add
them to the misc header or are analog inputs required?

A thermistor requires an analog input. There's one analog input unconnected, see above.

Why don't you post such stuff in the forum? Other people are interested in it as well!
Re: Some questions that I asked Traumflug
June 20, 2012 09:50PM
It's in the forum now! smiling bouncing smiley
June 21, 2012 05:36AM
Thanks a lot, bethebeer! To all others: we discussed expanding a Gen7 v1.3 electronics.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

June 26, 2012 07:58PM
I am trying to add auto bed leveling to Teacup:
I first saw this on nophead's blog(hydraraptor), but, currently, there are several other people doing this.

I started to turn nophead's python code into C.

and

I talked to emaker(he is developing this in Marlin: github ) on the IRC and he explained to me that it is not done in the loop of G-code that is about to be used by the machine, but before that where time is not a constraint. I'm not really sure yet how the firmware buffers commands and such, so I may be describing it incorrectly. If G-code is stored on the printer before being fed into a loop that the machine uses, then g-code can be processed before it is sent to the loop, I'm not sure if this means that a certain amount of G-code must be processed first to fill up the loop. I also do not know if this is specific to Marlin.

I just finished making the methods that will enable input of 3 points(as arrays) and then fill in the variables of the equation that would transform the G-code onto the new plane. By the end of the day I will have learned how to code with strings and I will input fake Z-probe points and a G-code file to make sure it at least appears to be working. And right now I am just using doubles, but I will replace that with uint-type variables once I see it is working in order to be consistent with the "integers only" in Teacup. The only thing I can't figure out is how to tell the motors to move from within the firmware.

I would really like any help with using the firmware to move the motors or with understanding the way in which G-code is stored and processed in the firmware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login