Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

budaschnozzle aluminum extension

Posted by aj.moreno 
budaschnozzle aluminum extension
January 27, 2014 10:14AM
Hi,

when I tried to fix my budaschnozzle, I accidentally damaged its aluminum extension, and now I can not assemble it. Does someone know any place (shop or website) where I could buy this peace? I am in Spain.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Antonio
Re: budaschnozzle aluminum extension
January 27, 2014 10:25AM
Here it is a link with all budaschnozzle components and where the aluminum extension can be seen!

[i49.tinypic.com]
January 27, 2014 12:03PM
Did you try contacting Lulzbot...the manufacturer?
January 27, 2014 12:21PM
I feel you pain, I have done the same thing before (Link). I drove to Deezmakers shop and they had a few in the back room you were able sell. Is this an original or clone? Also is it a 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, or 2 version? Some parts carry over several versions other but I don't think the threaded extension is the same for the 1.1 thru 1.3 as the 2. Here are my suggestions.

1) Check out the Lulzbot.com. If they are out of stock, try contacting their sales department, they have been very helpful to me.

2) Search for Budaschnozzle clone components

3) Post in the Lulzbot forum, many of the employees frequent the site and could provide you with some direction.

4) Worst case, download the plans from devel.lulzbot.com and have one machined locally.

When you do find the part, order extras being that shipping I am sure will be expensive to Spain. I would also order an extra of the wooden plates and any other parts you might need. I broke my wooden plate when i as putting it back together. angry smiley

Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------
Check out my blogs: [oc3dprint.blogspot.com] & [forums.reprap.org]
Hit me up if you have any tips or tricks.
January 27, 2014 09:27PM
The image Antonio posted is the Buda-style hotend by 3D Gadgets, a European company. I'm guessing that's what Antonio has. It's based on the v1.1 design from Lulzbot.

Lulzbot won't be of much help here, they have been selling v2.0 for almost a year and it's not compatible (the thread is different). They do not have spare 1.x threaded aluminum extensions anymore.

Edit: here's the threaded extension v1.1 drawing (PDF).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2014 09:32PM by NormandC.
January 28, 2014 01:00PM
We no longer carry the replacement Budaschnozzle 1.x series threaded extension unfortunately. The drawing above should be enough for someone local to make one. All is not lost however- we do have one Budaschnozzle 1.1 in stock, with a 0.5mm nozzle that we could sell, if you are trying to stay with that version. If you'd like to go about picking it up, just contact us at Support@LulzBot.com and we'll get things moving!

Edit:

Good news everybody!

We have a Buda 1.x series threaded extension available at our Colorado headquarters. If you'd like to order it, send an email with your information to Sales@LulzBot.com and we'll get a quote generated. Hopefully since the hot end you purchased was based of this design the part should be compatible, but there's a chance it may not, due to different tolerences and such.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2014 01:06PM by orias.
January 31, 2014 11:35AM
Hi everybody,

at first thank you very much for all your answer. Effectively, my buddas hotend is the version 1.1.

@orias I am contacting you for aluminum extension bussiness smiling smiley

Regards,
Antonio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login