Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Printing Club's First Printer

Posted by UNF3D 
3D Printing Club's First Printer
March 27, 2014 01:05PM
Hello All,

We have followed this forum for a few months now and would like to now allow proper introduction to those who have provided so much guidance unbeknowgnst to themselves. We are the University of North Florida's 3D Printing Club. At only six weeks old we are one of the largest student organizatons on campus. We have just finished our first 3D Printer- an I3 Prusa from MakerFarm which along with everyone else, I highly reccomend. Colin has been spot on in every way expected and then some- we had many problems getting set up but now the 3D world is officially come to our little corner of the neighborhood.
As a club we have huge amibitions and wish to both take way from and contribute knowledge to this wonderful project which is the RepRap. We are very interested in the next generation of DIY involving SL or other laser derived technology. However it is our great hope to become an active and supportive part of this community in order to advance our world as far and as fast as possible.
UNF3D is a full-service club which aims to provide our active members with every tool needed to gain employment into the 3D marketplace upon graduation from college if they so wish it. By working with real busnesses such as FORGE or learning all parts of the design to manurfacturing process we provide real-life skills which are going to be exceedingly marketable in the years ahead. We have active partnerships with IEEE and AIME and we really look forward to sharing our projects and ideas with you all- the RapRap community.
This is an awesome place and a wonderful project- Thanks to all who contribute.
From all of us at UNF3D, nice to meet you.

Follow us and say hello on our FB page- its less than a month old but will be growing tremendously now that we have finally acquired our own printer.
UNF3D Official FaceBook Page
Re: 3D Printing Club's First Printer
March 27, 2014 06:45PM
Congrats!!! I'm new to the forums and haven't contributed anything yet, but I thought I'd be the first to congratulate you. 3D printing's an awesome space to be in smiling smiley

Footle sells filament by the yard to make 3D printing more available to everyone!

Support Footle's crowdfunding campaign! [www.indiegogo.com]
(^WOOD-COMPOSITE filament for $0.50/yard! THERMOCHROMIC for just $0.40!!!)

Like us on Facebook! [www.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login