Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pics of Clog and Fix with Extra Question

Posted by UNF3D 
Pics of Clog and Fix with Extra Question
April 08, 2014 09:54PM
Our Prusa club printer has been having some issue. Upon further inspection I realized two things. One- our VP had been running test cube prints using the slicr config for a .35 mm jhead instead of a .50mm. However we did get some comlete cubes which were not that bad- any further eplanations regarding this?

Second- During a print the thermistor fell out from the hotend resulting in a clog because as you can see, the pfte liner got warped from the heat- along with the plastic on the hotend. I had to heat the entire hot end way up and put oven mits on to unscrew the head from the body. Now I am wondering where I can find more of this liner. I do not want to wait 4 days bc I have to wait to get it sent from MakerFarm.

Any ideas and suggestions regarding finding this liner and how to avoid further complications? Suggestions for all metal hot ends are welcome as well.
-UNF3D

I cannot post the pics for size reasons so I invite you to quickly look at them on our latest FB posting here: pics of clog
Re: Pics of Clog and Fix with Extra Question
April 08, 2014 10:43PM
you're going to need a whole need hotend by the look of it, that jhead looks well roasted, see http://reprap.org/wiki/Hotend_Comparison for a table of hotends

if you just want to replace specific parts of your current hotend you'll find the parts available from the original producer at

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 10:44PM by thejollygrimreaper.

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

A2
April 08, 2014 10:53PM
That's a pretty bad melt down, lucky it didn't start a fire.
When you reassemble it, in addition to using the Kapton tape, use an automotive high temp red silicone adhesive/sealer to help retain the thermistor within the well.
April 08, 2014 11:29PM
Just ordered two new tubings and a new covering case. Will use your advise regarding the high temp silicone. Looking to get some full-metals in the coming weeks once the kinks in this printer all get worked out. Thanks for advising!
-UNF3D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login