Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(SOLVED) How do I find my current configuration file?

Posted by Istale 
(SOLVED) How do I find my current configuration file?
May 13, 2014 12:25PM
I'm using RAMPS/Arduino. After over a month, I finally have my printer mostly calibrated for fine detail. I lost my modified configuration file save and I want to modify the extruder steps per unit. M500 isn't working when I try to save the settings in EEPROM. Is there a way to export my current configuration file from my arduino?

Thanks

edit: I figured out, it's pretty much impossible to recall current configuration files. Had to reverse engineer; but with the help of IRC, they gave me some confidence to get it printing better than ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2014 07:31PM by Istale.
Re: How do I find my modify configuration file?
May 13, 2014 12:54PM
You can't export the original configuration file from the Arduino, once the firmware is build, so the closest you can get is the output from M503, which gives you the settings that the printer is using, to get the original build in parameters first send M502 and then M503, but that's probably not what you want.

M500 stores the settings, so don't use that after you have send M502, unless you want to revert to the original build in parameters.

But has M500 stopped working, so that you are unable to store settings to the EEPROM?
May 13, 2014 05:41PM
Yeah, I had to reverse engineer the configuration file. I was unsure of some of them, but it turns out I only had to modify about 2 things! But yes, for some reason my M500 does not save the parameters. Oh well, I have it figured out now and it's printing better than ever with recent calibrations.

It's amazing how much a fan on the print helps small parts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2014 07:29PM by Istale.
May 13, 2014 06:21PM
most slicers will insert a predetermined section of gcode into the beginning of every gcode file it creates,
if you put M92 E##### in

(replace the ##### with your esteps ) it will get set everytime you run that print

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

Re: (SOLVED) How do I find my current configuration file?
May 14, 2014 12:31AM
Eeprom has to be configured to be active. By default it is (or at least it used to be) turned off by default. You need to activate it through a configuration.h setting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login