Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Mondo

Posted by ludara 
Help with Mondo
June 26, 2012 04:07PM
Hi all, newbie here!

I purchased a reprap mondo kit that comes with what I believe is a techzone monotronics. I finished building the machine and have "calibrated" the current of the motors by touching it. I have also been able to use the arduino/sanguino software to connect to the monotronics and upload a firmware to it, but I am not able to make repsnapper, replicatorG nor reprap host to "see" the printer via USB and of course I canĀ“t send commands to the board or prints of any kind. This is my first printer and I am somewhat confused about what can I do now.

For another project, I have now available a RAMPS 1.4 board with its motor drivers and a mega 2560, it is advisable to use it to try to connect the mondo and if it works, can I asume the monotronics is bad? or should I stick with the monotronics?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks, Daniel
Re: Help with Mondo
December 14, 2012 10:33PM
HI! seems the reprap mondo is pretty rare confused smiley but yeah im a newbie too, and id recommend 'pronterface' hope youre still active!
Re: Help with Mondo
December 14, 2012 11:13PM
Thank you!

Several months ago, I changed the electronics to RAMPS, and I printed more or less well (learning a lot in the process) since I sell the Mondo some weeks ago to someone that wanted a working printer rather than build one himself, I did some modifications to the original design and parts so, I gave him a better printer than a plain Mondo.

Right now, I am building (finishing) my own design and I am about to start selling them.

Thanks a lot for your message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login