Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Experience does not matter.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Experience does not matter.
June 09, 2014 11:52PM
I must vent. I saw some profiles on [www.the3dprintingassociation.com] and it shows all these people with 20+ years of 3d printing experience. What the f does that even mean? 3d printing as we know it didn't even exist until about 10 years ago. Anyone claiming to have 20+ years of 3d printing experience is suspect in my book.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 11:56PM by goldenmongoose.
Re: Experience does not matter.
June 10, 2014 02:32AM
Additive SLA printing was around in the 90's and that is what they are claiming.

So if the industry changes then you can no longer take credit for your past experience?

I don't know these people from Adam but I don't doubt they were there when they say so.
June 10, 2014 03:11AM
true that.... i've been printing for months now and my prints still look rubbish! smileys with beer
June 11, 2014 08:04AM
It's an inexperienced thing to say that experience does not matter.

However, experience doesn't mean something is better, and it never has. I know companies that rely on their good image for years, they get sloppy, they become inaccurate, and they let customers down because they don't feel the need for improving themselves and staying up-to date with new things happening in their professional worlds.

In the end, it's the customer that has to feel good with a company, test them out, get testimonials etc.

I feel like it's partially my own fault when I run into trouble with certain companies smiling smiley
June 11, 2014 08:37AM
There's a mix of experience and natural intellect. For things that don't change, experience means almost everything. Painting, basic construction, etc. In a year of experience I find that half of it applies to new things, the other half is specific to certain parts, prints, or situations. I disagree that it doesn't matter, but I do think it doesn't matter as much as some think it does in the 3D printing world. I've got a guy at work who runs an industrial printer here and at the time my 6 months of experience far exceeded his knowledge of 3D printing. Of course, he just runs the printer, I have to tinker and become intimate with mine.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 12, 2014 08:54AM
Experience, its what allows you to recognize a mistake. When you make it again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login