Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapPro Ormerod Proximity sensor? confused smiley

Posted by RacoonAndres 
RepRapPro Ormerod Proximity sensor? confused smiley
June 16, 2014 10:08PM
Hi I wanted to build myself an Ormerod printer and the only thing I need left is the proximity sensor, I can´t seem to find it anywhere I´m building it from [reprappro.com]
But in the electronics part it doesn´t show the proximity sensor or where to buy it :p, please help that's the only part I need to build it.
I don't want to buy the kit nor the printer, I have the infrastructure to build one myself I just need to know how to get/make that sensor.

Thanks again,hope your respones!!
A2
Re: RepRapPro Ormerod Proximity sensor? confused smiley
June 17, 2014 03:52AM
Post some pics of your progress, every one likes seeing pics.

Proximity sensor: Attach the proximity sensor to the X carriage to the left of the hot end with 2 x M2.5x5mm cap head screws. Connect loom. NOTE: the sensor has a polarity; the order of the wires is very important. It should be as the picture; blue, black, red (or pink on some looms).
Loom length: 960mm
[reprappro.com]
June 17, 2014 08:02AM
He wants to obtain the sensor, not be told how to install it. eye rolling smiley

I suggest you ask Ian or Jean-Marc on IRC. If the printer is open source then they shouldn't have an issue giving you the source and part number.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2014 08:04AM by ajayre.
A2
June 17, 2014 09:03AM
RacoonAndres
But in the electronics part it doesn´t show the proximity sensor or where to buy it
June 17, 2014 05:04PM
Hi, We can supply pretty much any part of our printers as a spare part. If there is something you want that you can't find on our webshop. just email me on the sales email - info at reprappro dot com and I can send over a quote - just need to know the parts you are after and where we would be shipping to. The Proximity sensor is £7.62 plus VAT (if applicable) and shipping.

If you want to source parts yourself, all the details are on our Github. The proximity sensor is here: [github.com]

Best wishes
Sally

RepRapPro Ltd
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login