Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BOM for mendel prusa?

Posted by Wired1 
BOM for mendel prusa?
June 30, 2012 12:34AM
I know I'm a newby on this forum and I might be missing something here but I can't seem to find plans or bill of materials for a mendel prusa on this website. Surely there is someway to get this information other than by buying a kit? Any help for a noob would be appreciated thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2012 12:01AM by Wired1.
Re: BOM for mendel prusa?
June 30, 2012 12:43AM
Metric

SAE

It's a starting point anyway, give or take a few parts.
June 30, 2012 05:15PM
PM me your email address and I can send you some instructions I made up for the kits I sell here in NZ

June 30, 2012 05:25PM
Thanks for the repiles - just what i was looking for thanks.
July 01, 2012 03:01AM
files sent, turns out wired1 lives near me too

July 02, 2012 02:34AM
Thanks Gary, how grunty does the power supply have to be? I've got a couple of old PC power supplies - one is 150W and the other I think is 300W.
July 02, 2012 03:43AM
Wired1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Gary, how grunty does the power supply have
> to be? I've got a couple of old PC power supplies
> - one is 150W and the other I think is 300W.

You need 5 amps on the 12V line to run the machine without a heated bed, and at least 15 amps with heated bed. The 150W supply definitely won't cut it, but the 300W one might depending on how many amps on the 12V line it can supply.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
July 02, 2012 04:24PM
I use these here as they are good and don't have the thermal cut out that some do, the heated bed kills the ones with thermal cut out and they are a good price too. How to convert it here I don't have anything to do with the electronics though my step son does them for me

July 02, 2012 10:46PM
Wired1 came to see my setup today so he has a better understanding of the basic setup for both Prusa and original Mendel

July 03, 2012 02:09AM
Yes thanks for the tour Gary, I'm impressed with the units you had there and it was good to see how they have evolved from your first model to the current ones.
July 05, 2012 10:19AM
I too am a noob, and found the build process a bit frustrating, so I purchased a 'kit' of parts and a 'kit' of electronics (not from wired1), and still had frustrations. The instructions sent were good 'general instructions' but several of the printed parts had been 'upgraded' but no explanations of the upgrades. This added a lot of frustration to the build experience. Also, eventually I found that there are instructions for a 'Wades extruder' online, and that happened to be one of the unexplained upgrades.

My suggestion is to go through all the parts you have, and ensure you have what you need. Don't make assumptions. Basically go through the build just checking parts and that they look like what the instructions say, before you start putting anything together. It would have saved me several dis-assemly/re-assembly sessions.

I wish you a less frustrating experience than I have had.
July 05, 2012 04:44PM
Yes it is a steep learning curve I am finding - and this forum is so messy it is hard to find the answers some times - but I am getting through it thanks to the help of members here thanks. I am sure the kits are the smartest way to go with the least mistakes but times are tough and money hard to get at the moment so I want to source it all myself and hopefully lower the build cost. I am sure I will make a few mistakes on the way but I think the learning will be better for having made them.

And ps. it is not me supplying the kits smiling smiley I am the one asking about them.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
July 05, 2012 10:42PM
I have made some kits available, but the one I have now will be my last as I'm looking for full time work again and possibly moving house/ town and simply won't hav the time anymore. My last kit is on Trademe

Click here to login