Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

angry smileyMy drivers are 1/16 steps while my best working AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT is 5 instead of 80, Why?angry smiley

Posted by bardiaesm 
The boards im using are mega 2560 and ramps 1.4 with marlin firmware on them.

After figuring out the right axis steps per unit for my 3D printer using calculator.josefprusa.cz, i have came to a conclusion that the best working number for my x and y axis is 5 instead of 80, this is so confusing and i know for sure that this is not correct since i am using 1/16 steppers and in my configuration_adv.h file, the microsteps has been defined as #define MICROSTEP_MODES {16,16,16,16,16}.

What is the problem?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2014 01:54PM by bardiaesm.
VDX
Re: angry smiley My drivers are 1/16 steps while my best working AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT is 5 instead of 80, Why? angry smiley
July 29, 2014 01:54PM
... are the microstep-defining jumpers set correct?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
I dont know, how should i check?
"... are the microstep-defining jumpers set correct?"
since i assembled everything according to ramps 1.4 catalog, and all the stepers are working, I think it should be correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2014 02:30PM by bardiaesm.
I think for 1/16 steps you have to install all the jumpers under the motor driver chips.
Did you install all 3 jumpers under the driver chips?
Floyd
I think for 1/16 steps you have to install all the jumpers under the motor driver chips.
Did you install all 3 jumpers under the driver chips?

Thank you for your reply but i dont understand what you mean, i followed everything according to ramps 1.4 catalog and google pictures, all i did was basically to insert my Pololu A4988 drivers into their place.
Did i have to do anything else than that?
Check out the picture. You have to have these three headers installed under the drivers for 1/16 stepping.
Do this with the power off obviously.
Attachments:
open | download - picture.JPG (264.7 KB)
Probably no jumper is installed, which makes it full step, which is 5 steps/mm indeed. 5 * 16 microstepping would be the desired 80 steps/mm.

http://www.i3d.ro
Floyd and MPower, thank you so much for your replies,
i checked and i realized that i dont have any jumper caps installed.
i will go head and buy them today,
Thanks again
No worries. Simple thing to overlook.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login