Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 axis control using single stepper motor

Posted by schema 
3 axis control using single stepper motor
August 03, 2014 12:27AM
I come here posting for the first time because I have a idea how to control movement in a 3 axis plane using a single stepper/servo motor. I also come here with the concern that this idea will be stolen, and the apprehension exist in sharing should an entity that "makes bots" or the alike decide to steal it from the open source community. How can I go about legally publishing information that prevents profiteers from claiming it as their own and utilizing this idea for open source only?

-schema
Re: 3 axis control using single stepper motor
August 03, 2014 05:05AM
I also came up with a similar method some time ago but stuck it on the back burner for a while. Anyway, someone here will have the answer to your concern I'm sure.

August 03, 2014 07:21AM
schema
How can I go about legally publishing information that prevents profiteers from claiming it as their own and utilizing this idea for open source only?

Hire an attorney to answer your questions, it has been discussed, the answer is not clear, or known.

Patents againĀ 
[forums.reprap.org]
Re: 3 axis control using single stepper motor
August 03, 2014 03:44PM
To be honest, don't tell me. I might walk away with it, not intentionally but just in my enthusiasm.

Have no idea about patent though, so be really clear on it when you find out please smiling smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login