Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Movement of Axes Comes to Sudden Stop

Posted by csteriov 
Movement of Axes Comes to Sudden Stop
July 29, 2014 03:34PM
Hello all, I have finally uploaded my Marlin V1 firmware onto my Melzi 2.0 motherboard. My axes all move when testing however, they come to a sudden stop (almost as like they are homing) in the middle of the rods (either x, y or z rods...not even close to where the endstops are located) and will not move again when pressed to go the opposite direction. Can someone please help!

Thank you.
Re: Movement of Axes Comes to Sudden Stop
July 29, 2014 06:58PM
Press and hold one of the endstops and see if that axis will move. If so you need to invert your endstops. M119 will also report your endstop status.
July 30, 2014 08:43AM
I tried that and yes all axes still move. I also typed in the M119 command and received x_min:H y_min:H z_min:H

An additional problem i now have is that my extruder heats up on its own and my hotbed stays at 0.
August 04, 2014 10:06AM
csteriov
I tried that and yes all axes still move. I also typed in the M119 command and received x_min:H y_min:H z_min:H

An additional problem i now have is that my extruder heats up on its own and my hotbed stays at 0.

That would mean that all endstops are active/on...
August 05, 2014 12:53PM
Okay solved that matter, now my hotbed reads a -temp as soon as I connect my printer to my computer. How do I fix this?
Thanks for your help.
August 05, 2014 02:34PM
Reads a temp? You need to elaborate, the host is suppose to display a temperature of both the hotend and heatedbed if present. Temperatures should be around 20C at room temp.
August 05, 2014 02:41PM
My hotend is correct (around room temperature) however, my hotbed says a negative temperature.
August 05, 2014 03:06PM
csteriov
My hotend is correct (around room temperature) however, my hotbed says a negative temperature.

Did you set the correct thermistor?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login