Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

** Experts & Law Makers to Meet Next Month to Discuss Intellectual Property Issues Within 3D Printing **

Posted by A2 
Experts & Law Makers to Meet Next Month to Discuss Intellectual Property Issues Within 3D Printing
[3dprint.com]

This coming September 17th, experts, law makers, and 3D printing enthusiasts will be meeting in Washington, DC to discuss, and provide opinions on, how 3D printing will result in many different intellectual property issues. The event is called 3D Printing Politics. It is being held by MediaBistro, and on hand will be several notable individuals.

Attending and participating in the event, will be Richard Rainey, Executive Counsel of IP Litigation at General Electric; Tim Ryan, Chair of the Congressional Makers Caucus; Bill Foster, Congressman of the 11th Congressional District of Illinois; John Hornick, a Partner at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garret & Dunner, L.L.P.; as well as many other well respected law makers, industry insiders, and intellectual property experts.

3D Printing Politics
[www.3dprintpolitics.com]
A2
The event is called 3D Printing Politics.
Well I don't know about the rest of you, but just the name gives me a sudden feeling of impending doom.
The New SME Manager of Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing is Kevin Ayers, 30 years with the FBI in its manufacturing lab.
[www.sme.org]

The Agenda:
[www.3dprintpolitics.com]

I don't see Dr. Adrian Bowyer name as an expert speaker, and a representative of users of 3d printer technology.
So all big names going in to protect themselves and make money...great, I see a great outcome for us. /sarcasm
A2
I don't see Dr. Adrian Bowyer name as an expert speaker, and a representative of users of 3d printer technology.

OK, but Michael Weinberg is speaking and he is as good an advocate as any for the interests of small low-cost 3d printer builders and users.
Thanks Matt, I just had a few hours reading spree on a lot of good writings. I've actually never heard of Public Knowledge before, but now that I have I am definitely going to be reading a lot more from them. After reading about seven of his articles I think Michael Weinberg will do a good job in representing us.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Tks, MattMoses, Michael Weinberg is great, it would be better if he had backup, one against many smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login