Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin error messages

Posted by jamesrl 
Marlin error messages
October 01, 2014 03:47PM
Hi to everyone,

I've built a Prusa Mendel and with help from a friend managed to download the required Soft/Firmware and upload to the Arduino mega 2560 R3 board with Ramps 1.4, I been merrily printing away until recently.

I wanted to make some alterations to the calibration but when it came to uploading I got an error compiling message reading.

In file included from /Marlin.h:22,
from BlinkM.cpp:5:
/Configuration.h:664:2: error: #endif without #if

Are there any experienced users that could point me in the right direction to correct the problem.

Thanks in advance.

James
Re: Marlin error messages
October 01, 2014 03:56PM
As it says, you have an #endif statement without a corresponding #ifdef statement in configuration.h. Its probably easiest to get a fresh copy of the file and start again.
October 01, 2014 05:47PM
Ok, found offending statement and removed it.

I'm now getting,

avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): can't communicate with device: resp=0x01

Any ideas?

James.
October 06, 2014 05:50PM
I still can't upload a file to the board, now getting

avrdude: stk500v2_setparm(): failed to set parameter 0x9e
avrdude: stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0xc8
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude: stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0x01
avrdude: stk500v2_disable(): failed to leave programming mode

Help needed
October 06, 2014 09:07PM
Delete everything to do with Marlin from your computer, RE-download and Start again.
or post your Configuration.h file for others to view.
It is easier to start again. as you may have made a mistake somewhere.

Dont forget to unplug mega2560 and ramps from power.
dont forget to choose the board you are working with in the IDE settings
October 07, 2014 01:14AM
thats an upload error, nothing to do with compiling or configuration.h

make sure your board type in Arduino IDE is set to your real board type... and mega 1280 is not the same as a mega 2560 for eg

Its rare for a mega 2560 not to upload, unless the bootloader in the 2560 has been changed/corrupted... and you need a ISP to re upload that
October 07, 2014 02:29PM
Thank you Gentlemen, by pointing me in the right direction I discovered the actual problem, it was the serial port.

I'm running two machines with one laptop (not at the same time) and didn't realize I had to select the the correct port in Arduino IDE, all sorted now and a good lesson learned.

I know very little about the more technical side of computers but very willing to learn, I am in the Autumn of life, been retired for ten years, and just love building and playing with this new technology. I'm now setting up the Repetier firmware for the CNC Router I've just completed, stand by for more questions.

One again Thank You All.

James.
October 08, 2014 06:16AM
Repetier for a milling machine? Marlin and Repetier make a number of assumptions they run a printer. For example, they move the E axis only when temperatures are achieved. GRBL and Teacup are better and more standards compliant in this regard.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 09, 2014 02:07PM
I've had a look at Teacup and GRBL and like the look of the latter but will it run on my mega 2560 and ramps 1.4?

James
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login