Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BEWARE:diy Tech Shops

Posted by angel28 
BEWARE:diy Tech Shops
October 14, 2014 01:59PM
I recently ordered a Iron 3D from DIY Tech shops. They said it would ship on 9/26/2014. I contacted them a week later when it hadn't arrived and the FEDEX tracking number showed no progress. They said it was shipping that day, and it was delayed due to manufacturer issues. I have never received it and they have yet to return my calls. I emailed them several times. I got an answer back today. It read, "I'm sorry about the delay, your printer will be shipping today, we've recently lost 2 of our productions people so things have been pretty hectic over here over the last week (between that and the release of our new printer of course) we will be getting out all current orders over this week and then working towards a new business structure."

Now here's the great part, they do have a new product (Box'd 3D). I emailed from a different account about it. Here was the reply,"Hello,
Yes they are selling! Shipping is 5-7 days.Thanks"

Do you really think they will be shipping the new product in 5-7 days when they can't even get the orders from a month ago out yet? Secondly what kind of a business are they running when they have 2 people quit or get fired and they can't fill orders in a timely fashion as a result? Something is seriously wrong here. I bet they either can't pay their employees and they quit as a result or the owner is a moron that spends most of their time away from the business.
Re: BEWARE:diy Tech Shops
October 14, 2014 04:11PM
angel28
Do you really think they will be shipping the new product in 5-7 days when they can't even get the orders from a month ago out yet?
Depends. Different products may come from different supply chains. Do they manufacture their own kits? Out source them? Where are the parts coming from? If an item is backordered on Amazon should they halt all other orders from shipping until that back ordered item is available? No, they ship what they have and when whatever the part is that was backordered is in stock they ship orders for that. Not excusing their delays and lack of communication, but there can be more at play than what you have visibility into.

Secondly what kind of a business are they running when they have 2 people quit or get fired and they can't fill orders in a timely fashion as a result?
Judging from their website, I'm going to guess they are a very small business like a huge number of businesses in the industry (and in general), where losing several key employees could have a severe impact on the business.
October 14, 2014 04:35PM
My accusatory comments and speculation about the business come from one simple problem that came about, I was lied to. Plain and simple, they told me my printer was shipping that day upon my first interrogation about said product not showing in the FEDEX tracking system. They were dishonest. End of story. You are correct about Amazon not halting all orders until orders made previously are sent or filled, but Amazon also will tell you the item is backordered and not lie and inform you it is shipping that day. Be it may, that they are a small business... Have they never heard of temp staffing agencies? Regardless, I am not here to argue about it. I simply want others to know what type of experience I have had, so perhaps they can avoid it or at least they know what to expect.
October 16, 2014 03:01AM
Similar experience here except I received half of my printer...[forums.reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login