Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wobble on part when viewed from side

Posted by Blue Ice 
Wobble on part when viewed from side
November 02, 2014 03:24AM
Hi all,

Currently printing parts with my Prusa i3 Rework, but they all seem to have wavy wobble (more visible on the sides) when going up. My belts are tight, and I'm at a loss to explain this issue. Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks so much for your time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2014 03:26AM by Blue Ice.

Blue Ice

blog at [contemporarymaker.com]
Re: Wobble on part when viewed from side
November 02, 2014 06:11AM
There is an article about Z artifacts in the first issue of the RepRap magazine ( [reprapmagazine.com] ) you will find useful. It is on page 29

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2014 06:12AM by demetris.
November 03, 2014 05:19PM
Make sure your pulleys are tightly secured to the stepper motor shafts.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
November 06, 2014 11:06AM
I think I figured out the issue- can't tell so far due to more calibration testing from tightening of extruder parts.

It seems that my hotend (Replieko J-Head Clone) was loose in the extruder body mount (whatever the stock i3 rework extruder is). The M3 screws that hold in the hotend were allowing wiggling of the hotend when prints were ongoing, so I replaced them with #6 (Imperial) screws. That seems to keep a much tighter fit for now.

I'll post images of the prints, if everything works out. Got my inspiration from here, if anyone was wondering where the idea came from.
November 12, 2014 09:51AM
Yep, that was the issue. Just replace the hotend mount screws with larger screws to ensure a tighter hotend fit, and you are set.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login