Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ramps 1.4 not seeing some items on sd card?

Posted by tm america 
ramps 1.4 not seeing some items on sd card?
November 18, 2014 12:47AM
I am having an issue with ramps 1.4 not seeing things i designed in cambam,but things i did with a different post processor run fine..I have a reprap smart controller for the lcd-sd card reader and am running marlin firmware..I am wondering if it is a file type that is not compatible?which seems really weird cuz i took my sd card out of my phone and it gave a full list for the pics and music on my phone but wont see things i designed in cambam?
Re: ramps 1.4 not seeing some items on sd card?
November 18, 2014 03:02AM
Ok i switched the file type from .nc to ,gcode and got it to see the files.it tries to run them it will go from the zero point to the start point then when it should go to its next move it shoots straight to the left and doesn't stop .but the g code runs fine if i run it with the computer hooked up using repetier.. I'm really confused as the g codes i drew with torchmate cad and converted with my other post processor run fine from the sd card just not ones i did in cambam..But when i look at the code i don't see anything wrong ?/?
November 18, 2014 11:33AM
Ok i finally got it figured out i had the minimums of my axis set to 0 and in cambam you have to set the piece in a negative z to be able to use the start cut and end cut..So anytime it would give a move that was a negative number for the z axis it would make it act crazy..I changed my minimums for the axis to -4 and it fixed it..It was definately alot of trail and error to get a post processor in cambam that works with a floating head and torch height controller in cambam for plasma.Since it has to do the correct cut order,cut direction,add lead ins and lead outs correctly and alot of other settings that are different from milling to be able to get good quality cuts with cnc plasma
November 18, 2014 11:36AM
Only thing it seems i am having issues with running from the sd card now is it is not seeing a g92..doesn't matter if i do a g92 x0 y0 z0 or a g92 x0 y0..it will not zero the axis that is listed i tried just doing a g92 to zero all axis still nothing,This is what my case 92 looks like am i missing something?
case 92: // G92
if(!code_seen(axis_codes[E_AXIS]))
st_synchronize();
for(int8_t i=0; i < NUM_AXIS; i++) {
if(code_seen(axis_codes)) {
if(i == E_AXIS) {
current_position = code_value();
plan_set_e_position(current_position[E_AXIS]);
}
else {
#ifdef SCARA
if (i == X_AXIS || i == Y_AXIS) {
current_position = code_value();
}
else {
current_position = code_value()+add_homing;
}
#else
current_position = code_value()+add_homing;
#endif
plan_set_position(current_position[X_AXIS], current_position[Y_AXIS], current_position[Z_AXIS], current_position[E_AXIS]);
}
}
}
break;
}
}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 11:38AM by tm america.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login