Advanced

cricut and make the cut

Posted by dalbeigue 
cricut and make the cut
November 10, 2014 06:36AM
hi
I m french and my wife has a cricut since 10 years and bought a lot of cartrige
I try to find a old version of make the cut for her cricut
I haven t find it anywhere ( version 3 or older )
The cricut has a version 1.4
Thank for your help!
Re: cricut and make the cut
November 10, 2014 12:02PM
Hi, I think you're on the wrong forum. This is a forum for 3D-printers.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
VDX
November 10, 2014 02:35PM
... read through this mega-old thread ... maybe something relevant for you:

[forums.reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 12, 2014 05:22AM
Sorry
i have read a post about this subject ( from february 2013 ) and i thought some people can help me
VDX
November 12, 2014 05:45AM
... this linked thread is the only place in the forum, I've seen related action -- because it's one of the first hits in google, if you search for cricut eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

November 12, 2014 12:25PM
dalbeigue
Sorry
i have read a post about this subject ( from february 2013 ) and i thought some people can help me

It's okay, sorry if I was a bit short in my reply. I understand your question smiling smiley

November 12, 2014 01:33PM
Ohmarinus
Hi, I think you're on the wrong forum. This is a forum for 3D-printers.
Ohmarinus? For Shame!

Just joking, I am not really upset. smiling smiley

But seriously, RepRap is more than just 3D printers:
From the Front Page of the RepRap Wiki
RepRap is about making self-replicating machines, and making them freely available for the benefit of everyone. We are using 3D printing to do this, but if you have other technologies that can copy themselves and that can be made freely available to all, then this is the place for you too.

The Cricut thread VDX links above goes way back to 2007, so really Cricut stuff has been a part of reprap.org from the early days.

EDIT: Some people reading this might ask "How does something like the Cricut have anything at all to do with 3D printing or rapid prototyping?" The first answer is Laminated Object Manufacturing and the second answer is that some people are interested in adapting their 3D printers to use as a cutter - see this thread from just the other day: I would like to turn my reprap into a tangential knife cutter. smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2014 01:42PM by MattMoses.
VDX
November 12, 2014 03:29PM
... I've built my first laser-cutter for LOM-fabbing with a 3Watt-CO2-Laser and a DIY flatbed-plotter around 1990 ... actually I'm using 2W@445nm-diodes for cardboard:

Viktor
--------

November 12, 2014 05:52PM
VDX
... I've built my first laser-cutter for LOM-fabbing with a 3Watt-CO2-Laser and a DIY flatbed-plotter around 1990 ... actually I'm using 2W@445nm-diodes for cardboard:

[attachment 43619 Weihnachten3.jpg]

Cool, I'm actually thinking of turning my old 3D-printer into a lasercutter. But I'm afraid things might go wrong and I lose eyesight. I respect powerful machines, a lasercutter is one of them.

VDX
November 13, 2014 02:20AM
... yes, you'll need proper eye-protection (simply glass or acrylic for CO2, wavelength specified for VIS-lasers) and a fume-absorber with activated charcoal ...

Viktor
--------

November 30, 2014 11:25PM
What ecxactly I need to build my own?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login