Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

auto bed levelling

Posted by Tibuck 
auto bed levelling
November 26, 2014 11:34PM
Hey guys and girls, after watching Colin from Makerfarm's Video on auto bed levelling. A flash idea hit me. Has anyone tried using soft-key push buttons? This would be easily glued with epoxy to the servo arm and would take little or next to no room once raised and the soft pad would be genital on the glass. I know I’m going to try it if anyone of you would like to try it, message me id sent you one (especially Colin at makerfarm ) which I assume that made the video I watched.

Photo description: button from Toshiba Office phone PCB.
They are 6mm X 6mm X 7mm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2014 11:34PM by Tibuck.
Attachments:
open | download - 100_05661.JPG (197.2 KB)
open | download - 100_0565.JPG (160.8 KB)
Re: auto bed levelling
December 01, 2014 11:05AM
Tibuck
soft pad would be genital on the glass.
I hope you're not using a heated bed when you're "genital on the glass".

A standard plunger micro limit switch could press on the glass it's entire lifetime and you're never going to damage the glass. Plus are those push buttons snap action? You want repeatably with minimal/no bounce.
December 01, 2014 02:24PM
i would guess it is better to try it out, see if it works for you, and if you have good success let us all know. we only get things better if we try and then share them!

as posted there are concerns about how much temp they handle and repeatability, but these are things that could be resolved easily.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 02:25PM by jamesdanielv.
December 02, 2014 03:28AM
OMG I didn't t notice that ! Ops I mean Gentle hehe thanks cdru for Pointing it out. and those little suckers are pretty heat resistant. I was concern about that also, tested one out on my woodstove top with it at 250C and could hold it on there for a few seconds with no effect to it.I should be receiving the servomotors some time this week then i'll test one out. I also found a video after posting that that Josef did Not the same thing but same idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTpYXkOLWcQ&list=UULHAxAdvAKJY0niRJZRYMvg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login