Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Part of print cuts off

Posted by specialized17 
Part of print cuts off
January 02, 2015 01:36PM
I've been a long time lurker on this forum mainly using it to guide me through the build process of my Prusa i3, which I'm using to learn as much as possible before I attempt to design my own printer. I've been having an issue with my prints cutting off as shown in the picture attached below. I've re-tightened both my x and y axis belts, and done a few calibration prints while adjusting my settings in Marlin. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 01:42PM by specialized17.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150101_160357.jpg (277.7 KB)
Re: Part of print cuts off
January 02, 2015 02:37PM
Can it be that your setting for print bed size are different in your software, compared to your firmware?

Is it possible that the object is falling out of the bounding box according to your firmware? I think this is what's happening.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
January 02, 2015 04:20PM
Ohmarinus
Can it be that your setting for print bed size are different in your software, compared to your firmware?

Is it possible that the object is falling out of the bounding box according to your firmware? I think this is what's happening.

That did it for some reason the y value in Marlin was incorrect, and was causing the problem. Thank you!
January 02, 2015 07:55PM
specialized17
Ohmarinus

That did it for some reason the y value in Marlin was incorrect, and was causing the problem. Thank you!

Glad to be of help smiling smiley

Want to share a picture of the now correctly printed part?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
January 02, 2015 10:10PM
Here it is:

It's part of a filament holder I saw on thingiverse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 10:11PM by specialized17.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150102_204757.jpg (286.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login