Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 Arduin Mega 2560

Posted by corbinbaldwin 
Ramps 1.4 Arduin Mega 2560
January 16, 2015 01:18PM
We got a PSU from makergeeks that was pushing too many volts and blew our board. Since then i have gotten another ramps boards but when wired up at 12V with arduino mega attached and connected to the computer i get no activity lights. When i use a test light some lights come one. With the arduino mega alone connected to the PC will any lights show up? Also are there any digrams to the meaning of all the lights on ramps 1.4?
Re: Ramps 1.4 Arduin Mega 2560
January 16, 2015 01:44PM
LEDS on the RAMPS 1.4 board are:

LED1 is connected to the Arduino pin D13 and mirrors the Arduino 'power' LED
LED2 is connected to the Arduino pin D8 and shows the PWM output to the hot end (wiring at D8 terminals)
LED3 is connected to the Arduino pin D9 and shows the PWM output to the fan (wiring at D9 terminals)
LED4 is connected to the Arduino pin D10 and shows the PWM output to the heated bed (wiring at D10 terminals)

Here are some diagrams:

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
Re: Ramps 1.4 Arduin Mega 2560
January 16, 2015 01:45PM
If your power supply blew the ramps board, it likely also blew the arduino voltage regulator. Aside from the polyfuses, nothing on the ramps is particularly sensitive to voltage up to at least 24v, and I think possibly 30 or 35 (but I might be mistaken about over 24v).

If you want to test the arduino mega alone, plug it in to a computer and try to load a blink sketch example. If you can load it, unplug the USB cord and plug in a power supply > 6V but <= 12v into the barrel jack. If it blinks again, the basic operation of the Arduino works. That doesn't guarantee there isn't other damage however with particular pins.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login