Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

z being strange

Posted by aparkin 
z being strange
February 08, 2015 03:55PM
hi i think i got a power issue but not to sure

just finnished building me pursa i3

i can home x and y but when i home z it just makes a horrible noise which is strange as i can get it moving buy .1 1 and 10 on the interface

not sure if this is related but when i wind z down if i wind the left motor on z down buy hand the right 1 moves down as well with out me touching it but if i wind down the right motor down the left motor just twitches

im using a old psu 500w 17amps and no hot bed as of yet any help would be great
Re: z being strange
February 08, 2015 03:58PM
Hi when turning one by hand, the other should follow if you turn it quick enough.
You should double check you wiring especially that the colors of each lead is plugged at the right place.
February 08, 2015 04:14PM
aparkin
i can home x and y but when i home z it just makes a horrible noise which is strange as i can get it moving buy .1 1 and 10 on the interface

Some suggestions:

1. Lubricate the Z threaded rods or leadscrews with light machine oil.

2. Check that both Z threaded rods or leadscrews move freely.

3. Check what Z homing speed and acceleration you have configured in your firmware. The speed may be higher than the speed commanded by whatever interface you are referring to.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 08, 2015 04:57PM
hi thanks for the reply if i use Repetier-Host and change the feed speed is slows down all the motor but i still can not home z it dose not move and make a terrible noise

but heres my speed using marlin

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,4000,1000} // default steps per unit for Ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 5, 25} // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {9000,9000,100,10000} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2015 05:00PM by aparkin.
February 08, 2015 06:15PM
hi i cut the home speed and it now works but it lags the others do it almost instant but z goes up instant but there's a 1 min lag before going home and will now not go down unless i hit the home button anyway heres what i changed

//// MOVEMENT SETTINGS
#define NUM_AXIS 4 // The axis order in all axis related arrays is X, Y, Z, E
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 2*30, 0} // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

here is what it was

//// MOVEMENT SETTINGS
#define NUM_AXIS 4 // The axis order in all axis related arrays is X, Y, Z, E
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 4*60, 0} // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

im still leaning towards a power thing
February 09, 2015 02:35AM
HAve you checked that you z endstop doesnt send's parasites signals? Check that it works perfectly too with M119 command
February 09, 2015 04:39PM
SENDING:M119
Reporting endstop status
x_min: open
x_max: open
y_min: open
y_max: open
z_min: open
z_max: open

here the m119 this is what it gave me dose it look ok i think i know why im getting problems im using 1.7amp stepper motors and and dual steppers on z on 1 polou driver being 2amps and im missing 1.4 amps of power im using ramps and i see there's no quick fix for this im only using 1 extruder but i think marlin wont let me use it is there anther firmware i could use to solve this problem
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login