Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting observation from my Vulcano use

Posted by sungod3k 
Interesting observation from my Vulcano use
February 21, 2015 07:30PM
Hi,

I've been using E3Ds Vulcano nozzles for the last few weeks and I was just printing with the 1.2mm nozzle but forgot to reduce the speed. I was putting out 1mm layerheight, 2mm width at 50mms and my bowden tube was wiggling back and forth, when I looked at my extruder (39:11 geared aitripper) it too was wiggling and the big cogwheel as well. I know that the main cogwheel doesnt have the straightest axis but I was unaware that this translates through the whole machine so drastically

What comes out of the nozzle is a visible bead that is becoming thicker and thinner in the same frequency the big cogwheel wobbles. I would have never seen this in normal printing speeds and this can contribute to the little gaps I experienced in top solid infill.

I will definitely let my next extruder run in super high speed to see if its aligned properly.

Cheers
Re: Interesting observation from my Vulcano use
February 21, 2015 08:14PM
My extruder is running on a .8mm nozzle, homemade bowden tube (only needed 1mm retraction) and i generally print abs 100mm/s on a 280$ printer. My extruder motor is just a stepper with gear reduction assembly from a flatbed scanner. It works extremely well, and was originally part a direct drive. The entire extruder assembly weighed less than my original nema17. Interesting discovery though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login