Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is this board ?

Posted by tchitchou 
What is this board ?
February 25, 2015 05:51AM
Hi all !
I have this board, but I don't know exactly the reference..

And of course, I need it to make the printer work..
If someone recognises it ?

Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 05:54AM by tchitchou.
Re: What is this board ?
February 25, 2015 09:14AM
Closest I could find is this:
[reprap.org]

But it's not that. With what kind of printer did you get it?

Btw, also slightly looks like the Azteeg:
[reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 09:18AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
February 25, 2015 09:21AM
Hi !

Thanks, close, but not the one, mine has 5 stands for drivers, 2 slots for a SD card board..

It comes with a chinese rostock mini pro, and I have trouble to find the good wirings for the fans, heat bed, extruder etc..
February 25, 2015 10:32AM
If you are having problems with the board, rather than trying to find an exact replacement just replace it with a "ramps 1.4". They are cheap and there is plenty of support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 10:33AM by billober33974.
February 25, 2015 11:21AM
Hi !

I don't want to replace it, I would want to use it, but with a standard marlin firmware, I have trouble to make it work, the connections are not correct.

I'm just looking for the right firmware for this board.
February 25, 2015 11:35AM
tchitchou
It comes with a chinese rostock mini pro, and I have trouble to find the good wirings for the fans, heat bed, extruder etc..

Yeah, but do you have a link to a website, a webshop or something like that? I am very good with google winking smiley but simply looking for 'any' chinese rostock mini pro is too random smiling smiley

February 25, 2015 11:46AM
Is the big chip on the board a ATmega2560?
February 25, 2015 11:52AM
Yes, I have a website, and a link, I donwloaded a package, firmware, driver, softwares, assembly instructions, etc.

Assembling was ok, but the board isn't the same as the PDF..
Driver worked..
Upload firmware, ok..

But

I wired the fan on "fan1" connection, but when I switch on the fan in Repetier, it's the heat bed that heats...
I suspect same problems with the endstops..

And the seller no long responds sad smiley
So, here I am.
February 25, 2015 11:54AM
billober33974
Is the big chip on the board a ATmega2560?

Yep !
February 25, 2015 01:18PM
Best bet would be to contact the kit supplier.
February 25, 2015 02:02PM
I know, we have a burlesque discussion for a month now, me telling it's not a ramps 1.4, and it's not working, and him telling it is.
And no more response from him since 10 days.

So, here I am.
February 25, 2015 02:30PM
can we get an image of the bare board (if removing things isnt too much of a hassle)
February 25, 2015 04:31PM
tchitchou
I know, we have a burlesque discussion for a month now, me telling it's not a ramps 1.4, and it's not working, and him telling it is.
And no more response from him since 10 days.

So, here I am.

Sorry for the stupid suggestion, I should have assumed you checked with the supplier first.

While not ideal, what would happen if you started trying different firmware flags? Assuming that loading the wrong motherboard wouldn't damage anything.
February 25, 2015 04:32PM
Did you reset the board after loading the RAMPS firmware? Was anything displayed on the LCD...and did you have the LCD configured?
February 25, 2015 08:00PM
tchitchou
Yes, I have a website, and a link, I donwloaded a package, firmware, driver, softwares, assembly instructions, etc.

Assembling was ok, but the board isn't the same as the PDF..
Driver worked..
Upload firmware, ok..

But

I wired the fan on "fan1" connection, but when I switch on the fan in Repetier, it's the heat bed that heats...
I suspect same problems with the endstops..

And the seller no long responds sad smiley
So, here I am.

Why is it so hard for you to share the link with me? You have it yet you don't give out the address?

Also, I would like to download the firmware package maybe I can find out what it is for you with that.

February 26, 2015 04:08AM
Hi !
Thanks you all for your time.

To Ohmarinus , here is the link to download the package ==> [pan.baidu.com]

The firmware have the good geometry (dimensions) for my rostock, the LCD works fine smiling smiley , but I suspect a problem with the pins wiring, because

- when I clic "Home" in Repetier, the first motor turns, and try to turn, even when hit the endstop.
(the endstop is ok, I've check with a multimeter, and at first, when I received the board, the firmware was a mendel geometry and the homing was correct, with the 3 motors)

- when I turn the "fan" on in Repetier, it turn the head bed on.

To iamdarkyoshi : what do you want to see, exactely ?
I can try to make a better picture.

To Kurzaa : I don't understand "flags"

Thanks again
February 26, 2015 04:17AM
Here is a better picture ;

February 26, 2015 05:32AM
Send M119 manually to check endstops. If they report correctly and also change as expected when engaged manually, pins are declared right.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 26, 2015 05:54AM
Thanks for the tip

Done.

gives

and

gives

.. and I have only 3 endstops on the device..
February 26, 2015 06:30AM
Hey, I'm pretty sure your board is Sanguinololu 1.3b related. It's not the 1.3b but it's something very alike.

In the file you provided I can see in the Firmware Development folder that they provide only an extra folder called Sanguino also. So it is very likely that it's a Sanguinololu derivative.

In the software they provided, the Ramps board is selected, this is wrong. Also in the documentation provided they show a Ramps 1.4 so maybe they changed strategy and figured the Sanguino was cheaper. Anyway, your board seems better than Ramps, since I see 3 fan outputs there. I don't think the Sanguino 1.3b has 3 fan outputs, so it's still not clear what you have.

I hope the seller can clarify to you what they gave you.

February 27, 2015 03:25PM
I just wanted to see if there are any regulatory markings on the pcb (such as a date code, revision number, ect)
February 28, 2015 01:36AM
Hi !
iamdarkyoshi
I just wanted to see if there are any regulatory markings on the pcb (such as a date code, revision number, ect)

Good idea, but
unfortunately, not a thing.
(both sides) The board have many outputs, 3 strong (with radiators) (V1,V2, V3), 3 fans outputs (fan1, fan2, fan3), 1 servo, 5 drivers.
And 3 inputs for temperature, and 3 stopends.

The seller still doesn't respond, such a shame throwing this board away.

I'm looking for the same printer on chinese sites, but I always find a ramps1.4 board with it..
February 28, 2015 05:01AM
Did you look under the stepsticks ? There's always a reference somewhere. At last the mainship may talk. Do you realy need to know what's the board name ? You can try different selections on the firmware, one must work. Maybe the Sanguinololu one.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
February 28, 2015 02:03PM
Salut, Zavashier, rien non plus sous les stepsticks, je sais, c'est bizarre, mais c'est le cas.

Est-ce que j'ai besoin de savoir quelle carte c'est ? Je ne suis pas sûr, j'avoue.
C'est sûr que si le le firmware (pour la ramps) "passe", que le lecteur de carte et l'afficheurs fonctionnent, je me dis que ça pourraît finir par fonctionner et que tout ce qu'il me manque, c'est la reconnaissance ou au moins l'adressage des entrées et des sorties qu'il y a vraiment sur la carte, le réadressage des bon pins ne me semble pas insurmontable, mais ptet je me trompe..

Bref, in a nutshell,
J'ai essayé pas mal de possibilités de numéros de cartes, ça bloque souvent au "téléversement" arduino => carte.

Et à la suite des conseils un peu plus haut, j'ai voulu essayer de faire passer le firmware version sanguino, en mettant define motherboard 62, mais..
ça plante ; " error: #error Oops! Make sure you have 'Sanguino' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."
Pas de sanguino dans la liste des cartes, en effet, et je ne sais pas si on peut, ni surtout comment l'ajouter à la liste des cartes..
Bon, il y a certainement plein de choses qui m'échappent, je suis ouvert à tous les conseils.

Merci, à plus
February 28, 2015 05:14PM
As you started the topic in english, maybe it would be nice to stay in english winking smiley There's a french forum here, with very skilled people : Reprap group francophone

Do you have the last version of Marlin ? In the configuration.h the sanguinololu board is numbered 6 or 62, depending on the version :

//// The following define selects which electronics board you have. Please choose the one that matches your setup
// 10 = Gen7 custom (Alfons3 Version) "https://github.com/Alfons3/Generation_7_Electronics"
// 11 = Gen7 v1.1, v1.2 = 11
// 12 = Gen7 v1.3
// 13 = Gen7 v1.4
// 2  = Cheaptronic v1.0
// 20 = Sethi 3D_1
// 3  = MEGA/RAMPS up to 1.2 = 3
// 33 = RAMPS 1.3 / 1.4 (Power outputs: Extruder, Fan, Bed)
// 34 = RAMPS 1.3 / 1.4 (Power outputs: Extruder0, Extruder1, Bed)
// 35 = RAMPS 1.3 / 1.4 (Power outputs: Extruder, Fan, Fan)
// 4  = Duemilanove w/ ATMega328P pin assignment
// 5  = Gen6
// 51 = Gen6 deluxe
// 6  = Sanguinololu < 1.2
// 62 = Sanguinololu 1.2 and above
// 63 = Melzi
// 64 = STB V1.1
// 65 = Azteeg X1
// 66 = Melzi with ATmega1284 (MaKr3d version)
// 67 = Azteeg X3
// 68 = Azteeg X3 Pro
// 7  = Ultimaker
// 71 = Ultimaker (Older electronics. Pre 1.5.4. This is rare)
// 72 = Ultimainboard 2.x (Uses TEMP_SENSOR 20)
// 77 = 3Drag Controller
// 8  = Teensylu
// 80 = Rumba
// 81 = Printrboard (AT90USB1286)
// 82 = Brainwave (AT90USB646)
// 83 = SAV Mk-I (AT90USB1286)
// 84 = Teensy++2.0 (AT90USB1286) // CLI compile: DEFINES=AT90USBxx_TEENSYPP_ASSIGNMENTS HARDWARE_MOTHERBOARD=84  make
// 9  = Gen3+
// 70 = Megatronics
// 701= Megatronics v2.0
// 702= Minitronics v1.0
// 90 = Alpha OMCA board
// 91 = Final OMCA board
// 301= Rambo
// 21 = Elefu Ra Board (v3)
// 88 = 5DPrint D8 Driver Board
// 999 = Leapfrog

#ifndef MOTHERBOARD
#define MOTHERBOARD 6
#endif

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
March 01, 2015 01:36AM
Hi, Zavashier, I know the french forum, that's were I saw you before.

But, ok, let's continue in english. (c'est juste que je suis plus à l'aise sur le vocabulaire en français)
The firmware I have has the same lines (// 6 = Sanguinololu < 1.2 // 62 = Sanguinololu 1.2 and above).

But I can't (don't know, in fact) how to put it in the card, when I try, I have this error message :
" error: #error Oops! Make sure you have 'Sanguino' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."
But I don't have "Sanguino" in the cards list in the Arduino software.

Is there a plug-in to add in some arduino folder ?
March 01, 2015 03:59AM
[code.google.com]

Try the 0023r3 first. Unzip the folder into your Hardware folder and restart the Arduino IDE.

You might also need to use an earlier version of Arduino.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 04:00AM by KingRahl.
March 01, 2015 04:04AM
It's ATmega644P (or ATmega644, ATmega1284 or ATmega1284P) winking smiley I never installed any sanguinololu, I can't say more.

March 01, 2015 04:12AM
I downloaded the package that the seller sent you. I said this before, there is a map Sanguino in there, probably or a good reason. I'm not sure if I'm just being ignored but it's all there and I'm pretty convinced that your board will work as a sanguino.

March 01, 2015 04:38AM
Ohmarinus
I downloaded the package that the seller sent you. I said this before, there is a map Sanguino in there, probably or a good reason. I'm not sure if I'm just being ignored but it's all there and I'm pretty convinced that your board will work as a sanguino.

I tried, but I don't see any sanguino card in the cards list. (in the portable arduino from the link)
I don't know why, but it's true.

I just installed the last version of arduino (1.6.0)
Put the 0023r3 version in the good folder, now I see the ATmega644, ATmega1284 or ATmega1284P !!

I tried (ATmega644, ATmega1284 or ATmega1284P) X (Sanguinololu < 1.2 or 62 = Sanguinololu 1.2 and above),
and I have this error message :
"le paramètre de configuration « recipe.cpp.o.pattern » est manquant" (it means "missing")
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login