Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with printing more than 4 mm base

Posted by jespoting 
Problem with printing more than 4 mm base
April 18, 2015 09:14AM
Hi everyone, first of all thanks in advance, if you ever forget me.

I have a problem which I detected both PLA and ABS. If I make a box say "housing" for any piece and the walls are thin and the base of up to 2mm ... 3d printing makes pretty decent. Now, I have a problem which has me crazy, the same problem I've seen both PLA and ABS as any available manufacturer default settings. If I make a base of more than 4mm starts has mixed the plastic when creating the piece and leaves in between peaks and hollows. It's like I started to rub and lift the sheets and on. The strange thing is that the walls always does well not giving any problem in that regard. I happens when you base and the honeycomb. I did a test without honeycomb but it also happens. So much so, that if for example you have to put a base of 8 mm and something on, say umas support legs or whatever, the end is a shapeless mass because it spoils the job.

A simple example:

Printer: BCN3D +
Plastic: PLA
Configuration: ST amended (the speed is low and rises slightly infill)
Part to print: The lid of a box with a not very small text, measures 61 mm x 50 mm x 5 mm. A text which just gets completely distorted. The same applies to radio legs 10mm

The result is put in the 2 attached images

Thanks for the help
Attachments:
open | download - 2.jpg (311.2 KB)
open | download - 1-1.jpg (297.6 KB)
Re: Problem with printing more than 4 mm base
April 18, 2015 09:45AM
It appears to be under extruding. Make sure the nozzle temperature is high enough, and clean the filament drive gear in the extruder.

Are you using Slic3r? I've seen this happen when slic3r gets screwed up. If slic3r behaves oddly- maybe it doesn't store changes to your bed size or other settings- the only solution I have found is to reinstall slic3r. Slic3r seems most reliable when compiled from source code under linux, but if you use the windows install package or the precompiled linux packages, you might have this problem.
Re: Problem with printing more than 4 mm base
April 18, 2015 10:10AM
Thanks for answering. Slic3r I use both Windows and Linux, but in both the preconpilada version. I RECOMMEND it precompile I? I will precompile under Linux to see if I get problems. if true, I've always created the gcode from Windows.

As the extruder which use is metallic so as upload temperature when extruded loses temperature. Although configurations manufacturer should already be thinking. I will review the gears and purge the extruder although in principle does not appear to be dirty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login