Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Botmill/3D systems reputable?

Posted by anode505 
Botmill/3D systems reputable?
July 16, 2012 10:33AM
Are these guys reputable?

There website states next day lead time.
I placed an order on the 10th.
Inquired on the 12th , told it was going out on the 13th
Today account still says processing. Of course the CC was already charged.

I *really* hate being lead on. "ok, going out tomorrow" told several times drives me nuts. Just be honest upfront and you'll get my respect. But this type thing, I'll never come back. Plenty of people willing to take my money.
Re: Botmill/3D systems reputable?
July 16, 2012 10:45AM
No.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
July 16, 2012 10:54AM
lol sums it up i guess smiling smiley

Let the fighting begin! (I can drive to the place, not real close, but close enough)
July 16, 2012 10:58AM
[forums.reprap.org]
[forums.reprap.org]
[forums.reprap.org]
[forums.reprap.org]

Although BotMill have improved since being acquired by 3D Systems, they are still to be avoided. Thankfully the kit you receive will likely not have many of the issues that they are somewhat infamous for.

Keep chasing them! When you get your kit make sure to ask here for help if needed, we are rather sympathetic towards BotMill's customers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 10:59AM by yydoctt.
July 16, 2012 11:12AM
Thanks. Have a TechZone laser cut. That never really got off the ground. The extruder was/is horrible.
I figure betwen the two I'll have a working machine. (TZ does or did have great customer service from my point of view)

I do have a small machine shop and access to CNC lasers, so a little creativity (and dealing with an non-AC'd garage) I can build whats needed.
July 16, 2012 05:09PM
Anode,
Your timing is interesting. I ordered an Axis kit from them on 7/3. As of yesterday I had successfully extricated myself from the transaction. I was fortunate enough to find this site in the meantime and find way too many horror stories for me to be opotimistic about the result.

The company seems to be in the business of posting videos of parts being printed on their company blog and posting 3D Systems stories but they haven't been long on customer service or actual production.

Good luck with it.

I went with Makerfarm for the parts of the kit I needed (all but a PS and the threaded and smooth rods are available). Since I only ordered it Saturday I can't post the results, but others on here have had good experiences with them.
July 16, 2012 05:13PM
I got a NEW email today (after sending one today asking for the tracking #) I'l get one today (now over) or in the morning. If not, I'm bailing. Once its refunded, I'll send a letter (snail mail) to the prez.
July 16, 2012 05:18PM
Yeah, I was first informed that the initial delay was becuase of the 4th of July holiday, to which I replied, 'That didn't stop your company from making press releases announcing 'Same day shipping' during that week.

Then a few days and e-mails later I got a response and change of status from 'pending' to 'processing'. Fortunately they never billed my credit card and although I was asked for my phone number (which was included in the e-mail stream) I was never called directly.

Today I got confirmation via e-mail that the transaction was successfully cancelled and told I would not be billed.

Very unfortunate.
July 16, 2012 05:21PM
I'm thinking of becoming a supplier myself. Just wondering about the demand. I'd be 100% upfront. I already run a biz, BBB rated, and kinda in my field anyways.
July 16, 2012 05:26PM
Holly Poo-poo!

3D System is a public company! (though market cap is 1.6M)
Think I'll buy a few shares just to go to the shareholders meeting and have a little fun. smiling smiley
July 16, 2012 09:08PM
Seriously. Tell them I said hi! smiling smiley

I ordered from Makerfarm online Saturday and got the shipping information this afternoon, it's on its way already. (yay).
July 17, 2012 09:48AM
Brother! Why didn't you research them before you purchased? I have a long and well documented bad experience with them. They would only respond to social media bully tactics... stay away from botmill!
July 17, 2012 02:34PM
I bailed on them today. Its a shame. But hey; live and learn.

Went with maker farm Prusa with Gen 6 and an extra ramps, and a spare extruder and hot end.

But I got a Q, since I need the threaded and smooth rods, are the Prrusa and Mendal Sells (normal mendel?) the same lengths? I already ordered from Mc Master and VXB but I got lengths and will cut here.
July 17, 2012 06:43PM
There is a very detailed set of build instructions on the Maker Farm website that lists the lengths of each rod you'll need (in metric and SAE) as well as all of the other stuff that isn't part of the kit but is required.
July 24, 2012 09:24PM
WEll got my Prusa in and its basically built (electronic tomorow).

Makerfarm vs Botmill, NO question. Makerfarm HANDS DOWN! a *perfect* transaction and all (just wished they would supply the rods too, but that was easy enough done)
July 25, 2012 07:28AM
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Good deal!

Let us know how it turns out. I got my kit from MakerFarm the other day and I'm building it too. (Just did the RAMPS kit last night, I only had a few extra parts. smiling smiley).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login