Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leveling Bed and Printer

Posted by jininjin 
Leveling Bed and Printer
July 17, 2012 09:03PM
What have people done to level there printers? I understand I should level the bed but does the printer itself need to be level before this is done?
Since my table is completely not level. I suppose I should find some adjustable feet and attach this to the printer. Then Level the bed if needed with the adjustable bed screws.
Re: Leveling Bed and Printer
July 17, 2012 11:33PM
More important you need to get make the of the bed parallel to the x, y-axis, so that there is no height difference when the head goes from bottom left to upper right, or everywhere.
Leveling of the machine isn't that important.
July 18, 2012 05:17AM
Yes it doesn't matter if the machine is on a slope, gravity has little effect and machines have even been shown to print upside down.

You do want the surface it stands on to be a flat plane though. Otherwise the frame will twist and it will not be possible to level the bed with respect to the nozzle at all four corners.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 18, 2012 01:03PM
> printing upside down
that's kind of crazy LOL
July 18, 2012 02:20PM
July 18, 2012 11:23PM
Thanks that's good to know. I may not try printing upside down any time soon. I guess that means its possible to print vertically with the printer nozzle on diagonally... not sure if that would help with overhangs but cool idea.
July 19, 2012 03:50AM
I made this video a while ago to remind myself if I forgot, nophead's method is good too.
video
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login