Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do I get Cura to handle more than 5 extruders?

Posted by jessicabrenner 
How do I get Cura to handle more than 5 extruders?
June 18, 2015 02:12AM
I downloaded Cura and it looks like it can go to 5 extruders. This is plenty, but can it do more than 5? I've done 8 with Slic3r, but it can do at least 30. I like Cura better, but want more than 5 extruders. Is there some way to make it do more than 5?
Re: How do I get Cura to handle more than 5 extruders?
June 18, 2015 02:55AM
Cura is openSource AFAIK, go ahead open your own branch and keep us informed grinning smiley
-Olaf
June 18, 2015 02:58AM
Haha definitely will do unless someone already has done something like that and can point me in the right direction! I am hoping its a very simple change in the GUI to allow it to present more than 5 in the dropdown menu when selecting "number of extruders." The GUI is in python, and the slicer engine is in C++, and I'm hoping that I only have to make changes in the GUI.
June 18, 2015 07:33AM
What are you doing that uses so many extruders?
June 18, 2015 10:05AM
the_digital_dentist
Im wondering the same!
June 18, 2015 11:40AM
the_digital_dentist

Based on a previous thread, she is "extrud[ing] stuff like the frostruder" so not typical filament extrusion with a hot end.
June 18, 2015 05:10PM
Well look at this amazing printer:
[www.3ders.org]

it has 5 bowden extruders. If I want to add something else like a frostruder type extruder or a universal paste extruder or something using Cura, I can't!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2015 05:11PM by jessicabrenner.
June 18, 2015 05:13PM
And if anyone has any experience with that Rova3D printer, please let me know your opinion of it. I'm debating just buying it or actually putting together a bunch of bowden extruders.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login